Saipem is a global leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Installation Businesses, with a strong inclination towards oil & gas-related activities in remote areas. We excel in the provisioning of engineering, procurement, project management and construction services, with distinctive skills and capabilities in the design and execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Welding Superintendent
Job Ref: 432174
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers / Offshore
Employment Type: Full Time (Project Based)
Proffessional Area: Constr., Instal., Comm. & Ops
Slot: 3 Openings
- Ensure fulfilment of project welding requirements (Fabrications and Welding Specifications, WPS, Welding Books, Project procedures, etc.)
- Coordinate, and organize welding workforce ensuring cost effectiveness in welding works, ensuring standards are adhered to as well coordinating and controlling the activities dependent teams of Supervisors, Foremen, Welders, Welding Operators.
- Implementation of processes that would improve welding quality trends; checking project defect rate and welders defect rates.
- Ensure Quality Control activities and NDT activities are performed in accordance to standard, project technical procedures and schedule.
- Interface management with Assets team for preventive and routine equipment maintenance.
Job Requirements and Minimum Required Experience
- A Higher Diploma / Degree or its equivalent in Engineering is required.
- At least 15 years of relevant experience in Welding and Fabrication with at least 5 years spent at Supervisory level.
- Knowledge of main Industry standards (ASTM, ASME, ACI, UPC, AWS,etc.)
- Knowledge of the welding processes for offshore/fabrication yard activities (GMAW, SAW, FCAW, PAW,SMAW)
- Knowledge of different international codes/standards to develop and review Preliminary Welding Procedure Specification (PWPS) and Welding Procedure Specification (WPS).
- Knowledge of mechanical and metallurgical testing to be performed during Procedure Qualification Record (PQR) execution and review
- Knowledge of main ND methods and equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret technical project documents such as isometrics, standards for support, P&IDs, piping arrangements, plot plants, alignment sheet.
- Knowledge of piping and steel structures materials (pipes, fitting, flanges, steel profiles, etc.) and consumables.
- Knowledge of the different materials to be welded for piping and structural steel, such as carbon steel, stainless steel, duplex, galvanized, etc.
- Knowledge of the information Systems for fabrication & hook ups(FMS, DACS, Primavera, SAP, etc.)
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Do you want a Job today? Click Here to see New Jobs in Nigeria Now!