The United Nations is the one international organization with the reach and vision capable of solving global problems. The United Nations Foundation links the UN’s work with others around the world, mobilizing the energy and expertise of business and non-governmental organizations to help the UN tackle issues including climate change, global health, peace and security, women’s empowerment, poverty eradication, energy access, and U.S.-UN relations.l
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Humanitarian Affairs Officer / Pooled Fund Manager (TJO), P3
Job Opening Number: 20-Humanitarian Affairs-OCHA-137386-J – (X)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment type: Temporary Job Opening
Department / Office: Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
Staffing Exercise: N/A
Org. Setting and Reporting
- This position is located in the Operations and Advocacy Division, Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), which is part of the United Nations Secretariat responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies. OCHA also ensures there is a framework within which each actor can contribute to the overall response efforts.
- OCHA’s mission is to mobilize and coordinate effective and principled humanitarian action in partnership with national and international actors in order to alleviate human suffering in disasters and emergencies; advocate the rights of people in need; promote preparedness and prevention and facilitate sustainable solutions.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in political science, social science, international studies, public administration, economics, engineering, earth sciences or a related field, is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with an additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional experience in humanitarian affairs, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, project management, budget management, or related area, is required.
- Humanitarian experience in the field (actual setting where a mission and/or project is being implemented) in emergency situations (complex emergency or natural disaster) is required.
- Experience in direct project management, project supervision, monitoring and evaluation and administration is desirable
Application Closing Date
2nd July 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online