This organization is a federal contractor subject to the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. 4212 (VEVRAA). The final rules now require contractors and subcontractors to invite applicants to self-identify as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities.
You can update your demographic information by logging in and clicking on “EDIT APPLICATION”.
The information is being requested on a voluntary basis, and will be kept confidential. Refusal to provide this information will not subject the applicant to any adverse treatment, and will not be used in a manner inconsistent with the act.
Short Term Casual (Administrative Support)
7505- P&S Vice Dean For Education
July 1, 2017- July 31, 2017
Education and Training
Short Term Casual
The Office of Diversity and Multicultural Affairs at Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons is currently seeking Program Facilitators to support courses for middle and high school students who are participating in the 2016-2017 State Pre-College Enrichment Program. Courses include but are not limited to Anatomy, Psychology, Chemistry, Biochemistry and Physics.
Classes will be held on Saturday’s from 9:00 am to 11:00 am
and 1:00 pm to 3:00pm at the Vagelos Education Center at Columbia University Irving Medical Center.Responsibilities:
– Support the preparation of program sessions including classes, special events and other activities
– Assist preceptor(s) with general classroom management
– Grade quizzes, exams, and other course assignments
– Provide feedback regarding students’ participation for bi-annual evaluations
– Assist with the execution of the program’s workshop series
– Attend all special program events including opening and closing ceremonies as well as conferences
– Collaborate with Program Administrators to chaperone selected college visits and field trips
– Recommend program improvements
– Administrative and clerical duties as assigned
-Applicant must be a full time Columbia University medical, dental or graduate student. Education and training in science and/or mathematics required.
-Previous teaching experience extremely helpful, but not necessary