Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Civil Engineer
Job ID: 132678BR
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full Time
Skillpool: Real Estate
Slot: 2 Opening
- Bring us a combination of facility and stakeholder skills and make an impact that matters in your community and the world.
Where you fit in:
- You’ll be joining The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited. It’s a positive place to work, where strong team spirit and flat management structure help us to achieve operational excellence and upload strong craftsmanship.
- Real Estate (RE) delivers a competitive advantage to Shell through the application of leading-edge corporate real estate, corporate travel and business operations practices.
- RE’s strategic intent is to enable the Shell Businesses to deliver on their goals by creating safe, secure, cost effective, and productive environments that allow people to perform at their best. Real Estate delivers non-hydrocarbon physical infrastructure to Shell Businesses, projects and ventures; manages the Group’s property portfolio and office facilities.
What’s the Role?
- On a day-to-day basis, your role will be to develop service strategies and an annual business plan including a workplace HSE Plan, space planning, services & minor projects planning, budgeting, contract management and business controls.
- Coordinate all Facility Management (FM ) services which will include housekeeping for residential apartments, horticulture (lawn management, grass-cutting, gardening & tree-management), road sweeping, drains cleaning and landscaping, general building maintenance, minor building upgrades / refurbishments, building electrical works, plumbing, services, etc.
You’ll be Expected to:
- Provide visible HSE leadership and management to deliver Goal Zero, TQ Energy efficiency and compliance with workplace / building regulations, licenses & consents etc;
- Ensure customer satisfaction level of >85% (from the annual customer satisfaction survey) and sustain improvements to drive year-on-year improvements in customer satisfaction levels;
- Ensure ZERO food poisoning cases in all catering operations within scope;
- Develop service strategies and an annual business plan including a workplace HSE Plan, space planning, services & projects planning, budgeting, contract management and business controls;
- Active liaison with hub asset managers, senior leader(s) and business focal points to understand their needs, advocate direction and develop management plans;
- Manage minor upgrade / construction of building infrastructure projects (CAPEX & OPEX) where applicable, including HSE, cost quality and programme;
- Managing about 60 contractors from the host communities;
- Ensure timely payment of contractors – in line with approved payment plan for community contractors. This requires prompt vetting and processing of all contractors’ invoices to ensure actual value of work done, proper documentation and early payment;
- Providing a wide range of HSE-critical support services while ensuring safety and competence of a large and diverse work force, mostly community workers.
What we need from you:
- An energetic self-starter, with good interpersonal relations, ability to manager host community contractors, strong customer focus and creative thinking ability.
- We’re keen to hear from passionate professionals who has knowledge of contracting and contract management, stakeholder management and multi-cultural management. Beyond that, we’d hope to see the following on your CV:
- A Degree in Civil or Building Engineering or any related Engineering subject;
- 7-10 years of experience in building facility management;
- Experience in managing real estate facilities in remote locations;
- Experience of services planning, including HSE, quality & cost;
- Longer term strategic planning and change management skills.
An innovative place to work
- There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
- Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
Application Closing Date
13th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Disclaimer / Note
- We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
- The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.