Registrar Assistant -Manhattan Campus – NYIT seeks a Registrar Assistant, in the Office of the Registrar for the Manhattan campus.
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Location(s)
- US-NY-New York
- Position Type
- Posted Date
More information about this job
Committed to educating the next generation of leaders and to inspiring innovation and advancing entrepreneurship, NYIT enrolls approximately 10,000 students on campuses in North America, China and the Middle East. As a forward-thinking institution NYIT has pioneered educational practices to serve student needs since 1955. NYIT offers 90 undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees in 50 fields of study and is home to students from more than 100 countries and from 50 states. Its seven schools and colleges include: School of Architecture and Design; College of Arts and Sciences, School of Engineering and Computing Sciences; School of Health Professions; School of Management; College of Osteopathic Medicine, and the newly formed School of Interdisciplinary Studies and Education. NYIT sponsors 12 NCAA Division II athletic programs and one Division I team.
READ ALSO: Short Term Casual (Administrative Support)
NYIT seeks a Registrar Assistant, in the Office of the Registrar for the Manhattan campus.
- Provide courteous and accurate customer service information to the college community in accordance with NYIT policies and FERPA. Students should be serviced courteously and expeditiously. The college catalogue and registrar procedures should guide responses to students. Consult with the associate registrar if assistance is needed.
- Manage the day-to-day administrative tasks of the office including ensuring availability of office supplies, managing inventory of office supplies, transcript paper and other supplies. Support the Assistant and Associate Registrars as needed with regard to daily administrative tasks. Assure that the release of student data and information complies with FERPA and safeguard all forms, documents and information. This includes locking computers and cabinets when not in use.
- Scan and image paper documents.
- Process electronic and paper transcript requests and retrieve academic transcripts from PeopleSoft and/or legacy sources; prepare transcripts for release (mail or hold transcript for pick up). Release of transcripts is done in compliance with NYIT policies and FERPA.
- Respond to requests for enrollment and graduation verification letters. Respond to faxes and telephone messages. All information provided should comply with NYIT policies and FERPA.
- Responsible for researching and answering questions sent to the registrar’s E-mailbox by members of the college community. Sort and distribute office mail, supervise filing of student records, and participate in projects as assigned by the Registrar.
- Travel to the Old Westbury campus when coverage is needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required and a minimum of 3 years in a higher education environment is preferred.
- Must be friendly, courteous, and pleasant, have a professional demeanor and have excellent customer service including follow-up with students and faculty in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Demonstrated skill in oral and written communications is required (may require a writing sample), as well as strong organizational, critical and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of FERPA, PeopleSoft student information system (or other integrated student information system) is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel is required.
For consideration, please send resume and cover letter.
See our Recommended Articles below: