Sinoma Cargo International Nigeria Limited is wholly-owned subsidiary invested by Sinoma Cargo in Nigeria, founded in June 2016, located in Nigeria, Lagos. Sinoma Cargo is the first branch set up in West Africa in the process of implementing globalization strategy.
Currently, Sinoma Cargo has obtained the clearance qualification and provides overseas warehousing and distribution services, equipped with 40 normal trailers and 10 tow-beds, Sinoma Cargo Nigeria can deliver general cargoes, heavy lifts, over-sized goods and self-owned custom house broker has been set up as well. There are 12 Chinese employees and 100 native employees at present.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Port Operation Supervisor
- The Port Operations Supervisor will assists in planning the sequence of loading and unloading cargo from ships, and the placement of cargo in the port area.
- The Supervisor will oversees large-scale operations, assists in resource planning and deploys manpower for each shift.
- The supervisor will also takes charge of lashing operations that secure cargo on vessels.
- The supervisor is responsible for berthing and unberthing vessels, carrying out wharf operations like locking and unlocking containers, and assisting with water bunkering operations.
- The supervisor will allocate resources to carry out vessel loading and unloading plan
- The supervisor will deploy staff to match operational demands
- The supervisor will facilitate communication between the management and working staff
- The supervisor will monitor vessel arrival and discharge to coordinate cargo loading and unloading
- The supervisor will oversee cargo handling operations
- The supervisor will perform daily planning on resource allocation (berths, yard and stowage planning).
- Minimum of 5 years working experience as a port operation supervisor in a shipping company is required for the position.
- Not more than 40 years.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. MS-excel, MS-word, Outlook etc.).
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to multitask
- Handles confidential financial and personal information appropriately
- Ability to tactfully handle stressful and difficult situations
- Possess strong problem solving skills.
Application Closing Date
6th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Do you want a Job today? Click Here to see New Jobs in Nigeria Now!