The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading African reinsurance company with headquarters in Lagos (Nigeria). Africa Re has six regional offices: Casablanca (Morocco), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Nairobi (Kenya), Lagos (Nigeria), Cairo (Egypt) and Ebene (Mauritius). The Corporation equally has two subsidiaries: African Reinsurance Corporation South Africa Ltd in Johannesburg (South Africa), Africa Retakaful in Cairo (Egypt) and one Local Office in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia).
Africa Re has a broad-based shareholding comprising 41 African member States, the African Development Bank (AfDB), 114 African insurance and reinsurance companies and three non-regional shareholders, including leading global insurers and reinsurers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- We hereby announces the vacancy for the position of Maintenance Engineer in the Admin & General Service Department at its Head Office in Lagos, Nigeria.
- The Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for ensuring optimum performance of facilities in the headquarter building and the Management residences, while effecting an optimal health safety and environment (HSE) all year round.
- In addition, he will be responsible for carrying out other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Duties / Job Details
Under the supervision of the Manager General Services & Director of the Department, the incumbent will carry out the following functions:
- Ensure maintenance agreements are executed and renewed periodically for all equipment and machinery in the HQ building, and Management residences
- Monitor and ensure prompt routine and planned maintenance of all equipment and facilities, which should be carried as per the schedule of maintenance
- Ensure optimal and satisfactory performance of key facilities in the Corporation’s Landed properties e.g. lifts, generators, borehole/treatment plants etc.
- Ensure timely execution of all reported, Planned and unplanned, maintenance faults within reasonable period
- Supervise and ensure all maintenance works in the HQ building and Management residences are executed to the best engineering standard and to the satisfaction of the end users.
- Keep and update quarterly a schedule of prices of goods and services for use in vetting contractors/ suppliers bills for maintenance works. Such schedules shall be made available to the tenders’ committee at the beginning of each quarter
- Participate in the yearly inventory of the Corporation assets, supervise the tagging of new assets and ensure assets movement / disposal forms are duly executed and the records kept.
- Ensure bills for service providers and maintenance works executed are processed within 48 hours of receipt
- Ensure adequate provision and maintenance of appropriate HSE facilities in the HQ building
- Provide support in tender management processes
- Ensure timely maintenance of Corporation fleet of vehicles
- Perform other job-related duties as determined by the Director of Administration & General Services
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Building, Civil, Mechanical or Electrical engineering
- Relevant professional qualifications will be desirable.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience. Prior experience in, and familiarity with Facilities Management/Buildings maintenance will be an advantage
Competencies and Additional Requirements
- Good knowledge of Maintenance and Facilities Management
- Computer literate with good interactive knowledge of MS Office tools
- Must be Proactive and focused
- Good communication, report writing, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to draw and execute maintenance contracts for maintenance services
- Good knowledge of market prices of goods and services relating to maintenance
- Ability to keep records and monitor maintenance requests and works effectively
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively – especially in the writing of reports and proposals.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Fluent in one of the two working languages of the Corporation (French or English). Good knowledge of both languages will be an added advantage.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
- Has the ability to defend and explain difficult issues and positions.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment.
- Remains calm in stressful situations.
- Must have occupied similar positions.
Applicants must also be:
- Fluent in English and working knowledge of French will be an added advantage
- Nationals of Members state of Africa Re.
Salary & Benefits
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
- Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s SS Grade Level
- Inflation Adjustment that may increase, depending on the economic situation
- Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus)
- Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
- Education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children)
- Medical cover for staff and recognized dependents;
- Transport Allowance
- Housing Allowance.
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Africa-Re is an equal opportunity employer and offers good working environment commensurate with international organizations.
Do you want a Job today? Click Here to see New Jobs in Nigeria Now!