Sigma Consulting Group is a management consulting firm existing to help businesses perform at the highest levels, achieve sustainable competitive advantage and create value.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Welder
Location: Ojo, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions vertical, horizontal or overhead
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Candidates should possess Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
- Proven experience as welder
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools saws, squares, calipers etc.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing face-shield, gloves etc.
- Deftness and attention to detail
- Proficient in English
- Successful completion of a relevant apprenticeship program is required
- Professional Certification e.g. an AWS welding certificate will be a plus
- N45,000 – N50,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
6th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online