Renaissance University was licensed by the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 2005 to operate as a private university. It commenced academic activities in 2007 on its permanent site located at Ugbawka, Enugu State.
Renaissance University aspires to be the leading and the best University in Nigeria in the nearest future, and has the goal of developing into a world-class institution of learning. The University offers unique challenges to its Chief Executive, who is expected to drive the vision of the institution.
Applications are invited from qualified Nigerians and global academic community candidates to fill the distinguished position below:
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
- The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive, Academic of the university.
- He is the Chairman of Senate and other statutory bodies
- He serves as the link between the Governing Council and the University Community and has the over all responsibility for the achievement of the goals and objectives of the University
The candidate for the post of Vice Chancellor must have a good University education up to a Ph.D Degree and also be a proven successful manager of human and material resources. Specifically, the candidate shall be expected to:
- Be a highly distinguished academic of the rank of a Professor who can provide academic and administrative leadership in a young University
- He/She should normally have been an Academic in a University for at least fifteen years, not less than ten of which must be as Professor;
- Be a scholar who is firmly rooted in the finest academic tradition,
- Have a clear vision for the development and growth of the University
- Be able to command the respect of national and international academic communities through his/her track record.
- Possess the ability to sustain harmony in the University Community and between the University and the host community;
- Have initiative for sustaining the accelerated pace of development of the University even under financial and other challenging constraints;
- Have good grasp of information and communication technology skills and appreciate its significance in the contemporary knowledge industry;
- Be able to attract research grants and complimentary funds from local and international agencies and further uplift the academic status of the University;
- Be able to relate efficiently with Government, Non-governmental Organizations, the alumni, and foster linkages with institutions within and outside Nigeria;
- Be a person of probity and integrity;
- Be someone who appreciates, respects and promotes merit without fear or favour even while under pressure; and
- Enjoy certified sound physical and mental health.
- He / She should not be more than 65 years of age at the time of appointment.
|Job Category||Vice Chancellor|