Unilever Nigeria Plc – Welcome to Unilever, a global multinational and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company with products sold in over 190 countries and more than 2 billion consumers across the world who use our amazing products everyday!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Integrity Officer, West Africa
Reference ID: R-36688
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- At Unilever, our commitment to “Value with Values” requires ongoing efforts to embed a culture of integrity across our entire operational footprint.
- This implies significant efforts to prevent, detect and if necessary, investigate potential concerns relating to our Code of Business Principles and Code Policies (the Code), and to hold individuals accountable where appropriate. Unilever sets similarly high standards in selecting suppliers and business partners.
- The Business Integrity Officer – West Africa (“BIO”) supports local leaders, as owners of Code and business integrity risks inherent in their operations, to identify and mitigate these by reference to the Code and the tools that govern relations between Unilever and third parties.
- (S)he manages the Business Integrity Committee, ensuring robust oversight and governance for such matters, and is a respected and visible Go To person for the escalation of BI related issues in the country.
- The BIO must demonstrate the values, skills, judgment, drive and influence needed to deploy Unilever’s Business Integrity framework, liaising with subject matter experts (SMEs), for optimal results consistent with the Unilever global Roadmap for Business Integrity.
- The BIO provides specific SME input in terms of advising on and investigating matters pertaining to anti-bribery, corruption (ABC) and trade sanctions rules and requirements arising as a result of relevant laws or practices.
- The BIO is an important member of the global BI function and Africa legal team.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
Leadership and Strategy:
- Develop and deploy strategy that aligns with business goals and addresses local legal and regulatory implications;
- Lead country Business Integrity Committee; share trends, better practices and lessons learned; and provide advice to leaders.
- Lead investigations that reported via hotline or internal channels. Develop investigation plans, identify appropriate investigative resources, conduct fact finding procedures, identify issues and root causes, prepare investigation reports, and assure complete and accurate data in matter management system;
- Provide advice and oversight to assigned investigators e.g. HR, Finance, Operations to assure quality of process and outputs;
- Escalate matters as appropriate, provide recommendations on sanctions and mitigation actions; assure accountability, consistency and timely execution of corrective actions.
Training and Communications:
- Execute global plan, including online training and annual code declaration;
- Develop and deploy country training and communications to various stakeholders in the country, e.g. country/ site leaders, employees, third parties, business partners;
- Work with stakeholders to assure new joiners, employees from acquired entities are trained.
Third party Compliance and Country Risk Assessment:
- Work with stakeholders to assure third party compliance program, e.g. due diligence, red flag mitigation, is implemented efficiently and effectively;
- Review and maintain country risk profile to assure risks are aligned with regulatory environment and internal trends.
Key Skills / Experiences / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Minimum of 8 years of experiences in related areas.
- Knowledge and experience in business integrity risk areas, e.g. US FCPA, UKBA and local bribery laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated experience in similar role in multinational corporation(s)
- Proven experience in conducting investigations in various areas like fraud, bribery, conflicts of interests, embezzlement, theft etc
- Experience in effective management and monitoring of 3rd party compliance risks.
- Strong reputation for integrity.
- Focus on internal customers’ needs, ability to provide practical recommendations and solutions.
- Solid influencing and interpersonal skills in matrix organization.
- Good problem-solving skills, resilience, and logical thinking, ability to evaluate and simplify complex issues.
- Ability to exercise good and independent judgment
- Managerial courage – ability to raise potentially sensitive and tense issues when needed to all levels of managers
- Awareness on the current broader ethical agenda including sustainability, social responsibility, etc.
- Fluent in English and local language/s, excellent verbal and written communications skills, ability to communicate to all levels in the company.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online