The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations’ global development network. It advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves. It provides expert advice, training and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations.
Headquartered in New York City, the status of UNDP is that of an executive board within the United Nations General Assembly. The UNDP is funded entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states. The organization operates in 177 countries, where it works with local governments to meet development challenges and develop local capacity.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: UN Dispensary Physician
Job ID: 29851
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Practice Area – Job Family: HIV and Health – Emergency Response
Vacancy Type: TA Local
Posting Type: Common System
Contract Duration: 06 months
Required Skills and Experience
- Doctorate (MD) or equivalent in Medicine, including residency / internship in one of the medical specialties, preferably Internal Medicine, ICU, or Family Medicine with relevant experience in emergency room or ICU.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible clinical experience in one of the areas of medicine.
- UN field experience is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in humanitarian crisis and infectious diseases is highly desirable.
- Proven experience of a minimum of six month at an Intensive Care Unit in the past 5 years is highly desirable.
- Fluency in one of the working languages of the UN Secretariat, English or French, (both oral and written) is required; knowledge of the other is desirable.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
5th April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Medical/ Healthcare / Pharmaceutical Jobs|