The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Trade Adviser – Infrastructure, Retail & Healthcare Sectors
Job ref.: 08/20 LOS
Grade: C4 (L)
Working hours per week: 35
Type of Post: British Deputy High Commission
Type of Position: Full-time, Fixed term, with possibility of renewal
Job Category: Department for International Trade roles (DIT)
Job Subcategory: Department for International Trade (DIT)
Start Date: 1st May, 2020
- Identifying and delivering a pipeline of export business opportunities in Nigeria for UK companies in the infrastructure, retail & healthcare sectors, in consultation with business and based on an understanding of UK business interests.
- Marketing the UK’s capability in infrastructure, retail & healthcare to key stakeholders in the Nigerian public and private sectors, to help land multi-million-pound deals.
- Working towards and meeting set targets for the year.
- Identifying investment opportunities in the Nigerian market and addressing and seeking to resolve any market access barriers faced by UK companies.
- You will lead Nigeria’s trade activity in the infrastructure, retail & healthcare sectors, working closely with colleagues in Nigeria, building a healthy pipeline of potential deals; and working with British businesses to best position them for success;
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Have worked within Nigeria’s private sector in business development for major local or international companies, for a minimum of 4 years;
- Strong oral and written English communication skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Resourcefulness in solving problems;
- Good interpersonal skills and comfortable dealing with senior officials and business people;
- Flexible, adaptable and resilient;
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail;
- Superior professionalism and judgment;
- Strong work ethic
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of relevant experience in the infrastructure, retail or healthcare sectors;
- Experience of working on multi-year campaigns on business development
- Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Achieving Commercial Outcomes, Managing a Quality Service
Starting Monthly Salary
NGN 827, 892
Other benefits and conditions of employment
Learning and development opportunities:
- The successful applicant will have access to a range of Learning and Development opportunities with in-house and e-learning, with the potential for overseas training. From time to time there will be requirements to assist other teams within the Department, building overall resilience and broader experience.
Application Closing Date
6th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Sales / Business Development Jobs|