Canonical – We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely, and more cost-effectively than any other company. We develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together with a passionate global community of 200,000 contributors. Ubuntu means ‘humanity to others. We chose it because it embodies the generosity at the heart of open source, the new normal for platforms and innovation. Together with a community of 200,000, we publish an operating system that runs from the tiny connected devices up to the world’s biggest mainframes, the platform that everybody uses on the public cloud, and the workstation experience of the world’s most productive developers. Secure and reliable, elegant and intuitive, and open for innovation – Ubuntu is the future of open source, which is why it’s the fastest-growing Linux in the world despite already being the most widely deployed.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Telco Cloud Field Engineer
- As part of the Canonical Field Engineering organization, you will lead customers through the design and delivery of OpenStack, Kubernetes, and software-defined networking solutions.
- Your passion for open-source technologies will enable customers to understand and operate advanced infrastructure substrates to meet the demands of 5G and beyond.
What You’ll Do
- Match customer requirements to advanced capabilities in the VNF/CNF/NFVi/NFVO/VNFM/VIM/MEC space
- Provide technical pre-sales consulting to Service Provider teams
- Design and implement telco-grade open source multi-tenant private clouds and micro clouds
- Investigate, report and/or fix software defects uncovered during customer deployments
- Demonstrate advanced Infrastructure as code (IaC) techniques relevant to telco
- Architect and implement advanced, resilient Service Provider Cloud and Application solutions
- Design and deliver software defined infrastructure with OpenStack, Kubernetes, MAAS and Ceph
- Learn model-driven operations with Juju charms for Kafka, Hadoop, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, NGINX, and more
- Help customers adopt advanced Bare Metal, Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud solutions
- Learn from customer engagements and drive meaningful product improvements
- Shape our roadmap to accelerate our growth in the telco market.
Requirements / Relevant Skills
- BS Computer Science or STEM
- A thorough working understanding of the architectures and infrastructure of MNOs and CSPs
- Working knowledge of Mobile Packet Core, Radio, VAS, OSS/BSS
- Understanding the infrastructure requirements for modern virtualized NF deployments
- Thought leadership and the ability to lead architecture discussions about ETSI and/or 3GPP standards
- Understanding of best practices for open source technology in telco virtualisation roadmaps
- Architect level understanding and practical experience of telco workload demand
- Working knowledge of Linux, Openstack and Kubernetes networking
- A passion to automate and improve all aspects of open source products and tooling
- Ability to lead complex projects from start to finish
- A collaborative attitude with a keen eye on customer success
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities
- Able to travel up to 50% of the time for events, customer meetings, project delivery.
- Python software development experience
- A thorough understanding of the telco NFVi (VIM), NFVO, VNFM and MEC space
- Technical understanding of key telco technologies like CPU Pinning, NUMA, SRIOV, DPDK, etc
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Widely spoken second language such as Japanese, French, German, Spanish or Portuguese
- Track record of open source contributions.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online