Josepdam Port Services is one of the leading terminals in Nigeria, with three berths totalling 484 meters in length. Josepdam Port Services is the terminal operator of Tincan terminal A, that was successful in 2006 to gain the concession agreement with Nigerian Port Authority.
JPS has put in a new investment development plan that will see more than USD $50 million injected into the terminal to improve the services delivered. JPS staffs are professionals, well trained and positioned for excellence. At JPS, we operate e-banking system of payment to ease banking transactions and smooth operations. Over the years, we have evolved to paperless means of operation referred to as Tally Green, by applying state-of-the-art technology from the arrival of cargo to final dispatch
Josepdam Port Service is located on the South-Eastern edge of Tincan Island. Located 6*25 North 3*213′ East. The Lagos port main interland comprises the South Western States in particular; Lagos, Ogun, Osun and Oyo States. Further inland, the Central and Northern State are more or less equidistant to either Lagos Port or Eastern Ports, in particular Port Harcourt / Onne.
We are recruiting diligent and experienced individuals to join our team in the position below:
Job Title: Tally Clerk
Employment Type: Full-time
- The successful candidates will be solely responsible for examining, counting and recording both incoming and outing cargoes from the terminal and also calculating the storage, damage, shipping and receiving fees.
Education & Experience
- A minimum of OND / NCE in Statistics / Accounting / Business / Management studies preferable or a similar discipline
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in Cargo Tally Operations or any other relevant similar role
- Physically fit, energetic to lift, stretch or stand for long and no phobia for height
- Detail oriented with sound mathematical numerical aptitude to processes large numbers of daily cargoes
- Basic knowledge of port operations, understanding port safety regulations and procedures Understand commonly used hand signs to communicate without radio system
- Basic knowledge of written and spoken English
- Proficient in Micro soft office suites
- Ability to work well individually and in a team.
Application Closing Date
27th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and Curriculum Vitae in PDF Format, as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.