Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Solution Architect
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Categories: Network Operation and Integration
- Now we are looking for Solution Architect for Network design and Optimization, someone who can provide end to end solutions on multiple technologies and stream.
- Drive End to End process review to strengthen and optimize solutions, processes and methodologies leading to higher efficiency and quality assured delivery.
- Drive End to End from Network Design to Acceptance on multiple technologies and multiple streams under the NDO domain, including but not limited to:
- Budgets analysis
- Initial system design and dimensioning
- System dimensioning for coverage and capacity including traffic analysis
- Coverage planning, site identification, evaluation, NW planning, interference analysis and optimization using EDOS DP.
- Network optimization to meet design targets and Final NW acceptance with customer.
- Responsible for the analysis and enhancement of GSM/WCDMA/LTE networks.
- Proposal for coverage/capacity enhancement, Network optimization to meet the acceptance target.
- Provide a Global Overview of the network status, identifying all potential actions to improve the network
- Customer engagement in advanced technical discussions to understand customer requirements and propose strategic advice and direction
- Provide Radio network strategic and architecture planning, ensuring robustness, scalability, interoperability, and appropriate technology
- Able to suggest parameter changes, features for KPI improvement GSM/WCDMA/LTE network.
- Responsible for Final Acceptance of the network, to meet the requirements coverage and KPI.
- Work across disciplines at any point in the project lifecycle, from strategy to design to implementation to operations and maintenance
- End to End process review to strengthen and optimize solutions, processes and methodologies leading to higher efficiency and quality assured delivery
- Engagement with Managed Services teams to plan and coordinate common activities and develop synergies leading towards common goals
- Setup governance processes to ensure all individuals and service centers (GSCs) from different project streams are performing at the expected levels and adhering to agreed SLAs
- Setup alignment, communication, and processes between NDO and other project streams including NRO, Sales, EP and MS.
- At least 10+ years of multi technology experience in Radio Networks Design, Optimization, Strategic Planning, and Solutions.
- Must have team leading and management experience.
- Must have customer facing and engagement experience especially with senior management.
- Extensive work experience designing, tuning, and optimizing high-capacity wireless GSM, WCDMA, HSPA+ and LTE networks using RF engineering technology.
- Good hands on experience on Ericsson NW Design Tools, Radio Products, and Solutions (GSM, WCDMA and LTE).
- Good understanding of advanced and complex radio networks to be able to assist with advanced optimization and creative design solutions.
- Excellent communication and inter personal skills for effective communication and relationship development with customer.
- Market insight, up to date with new developments in related technologies and product Financial understanding.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree and above in Electronics and Communication or relevant fields.
- Above 10 years of versatile experience in Planning of Radio Networks.
- Strong Experience on EDOS Tools – ACP, AFP, ERA, TPS, ECO, ENCP.
- Good command on MS Office esp. MS Excel and PowerPoint and Hands on experience with common tools (TEMS, MapInfo, ACTi, Nemo, ITK, AMOS etc.)
- Planning and Organizing skills, Knowledge of business plans, customer requirements, and market
- Trainings and Certifications for various technologies and products.
- Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure and learn independently.
- Good presentation, time management and leadership skills & ability to work with diverse backgrounds
- Result oriented with focus on customer satisfaction and project delivery
- Fluent English, both written and spoken.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
- For your interview preparation, here are a few “Tips & Tricks” from our recruiters.
- For your prep and reference, here is our overall Brand video and some insights about our innovations in 5G