ImaliPay is building the financial services infrastructure for Africa’s gig economy workers. We are passionate about building solutions that financially empower the lives of Africa’s 15 million gig workers. Currently based out of Lagos, Nairobi and Johannesburg, we are a mission-driven team with teammates from a diverse set of backgrounds and countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineer
Locations: Ibadan, Oyo and Lagos
About the Role
- We are looking for a Software Engineer based in Nigeria with a focus on the backend and frontend to join the team of developers and support in building custom solutions to provide financial services to Gig Workers in Africa.
- You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development lifecycle.
- As a full-stack engineer in this role, you should be highly experienced in building web-based systems with a keen focus on the backend and adherence to industry best standards.
- You should be comfortable with backend development technologies as well as the frontend stack.
- You would also be a customer-centric and team player.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with development teams, product managers to plan & prioritize, architecture, build, advance, and scale software solutions
- Participate in strategic technical decisions related to technology, definition, and implementation of digital products
- Deliver high quality, testable, secure, readable, and documented software with a focus on the customer
- Develop system architecture, requirements specifications, modularize features, etc
- Advocate, advise and develop best industry standards such as CI/CD, Agile, responsive design, containerization, TDD, peer reviews, etc
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Write documentation and provide technical training.
- 2+ years of working experience handling multidisciplinary complex systems
- Experience with Java Spring framework
- Working experience in an Agile environment
- Experience with containerization and orchestration technologies: Docker & Kubernetes is a plus
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Solid understanding of CI/CD and code versioning tools.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.