ipNX Nigeria Limited is one of Nigeria’s fastest growing Information and Communications Technology companies. In our business, we connect everything – people, information, and services. We are specialized in network connectivity, and delivery of internet, telephony, television as well as cloud-based software application services to corporate and residential customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Service Fulfillment Engineer
Job ID: 78
Location: Trans Amadi Estate, Port Harcourt, Rivers
Department: Business Operations
Function: Service Delivery & Support
Reporting to: Team Lead, Network Core & Service Delivery
Travel Frequency: Occasional
Purpose of the Job
- Reporting to the Team Lead West, Network Core & Service Delivery, the Service Fulfilment Engineer is responsible for deploying carrier grade and reliable network infrastructure and services for ipNX enterprise customers in accordance with set SLAs.
- He will be responsible for planning, directing and coordinating activities required to fulfil and support network services to enterprise customers.
- These include the management of existing and development of new network infrastructure and systems, as well as overseeing system & network administration tasks.
- He will also act as the 2nd level contact for customer faults relating to network connectivity & systems by taking ownership of reported customer issues and seeing these problems through to resolution.
- Your key support responsibility includes researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting, identifying and implementing solutions to resolve all network connectivity & system issues.
- He is equally tasked with ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction and operational excellence during all levels of engagements with customers – including pre-sales support, service delivery (installation & configuration) as well as support calls or visits.
- In addition to the above, he is also required to provide routine in-house training and mentoring for lower-level staff and other units where required.
Expected Key Results:
- Install, configure, optimize and maintain network connectivity infrastructure & systems for the ipNX Network as well as for enterprise customers as per agreed set standards and SLAs.
- Safeguard performance, capacity, availability (>99.9%) and quality of the ipNX network by monitoring emerging incidents and initiating preventive actions.
- Recommend areas of improvements, product enhancements incl. new platforms, features and services that meets present and future needs of the voice communications business.Offer pre-sales support and provide accompanying proposals and design documents with the most optimal and cost effective solutions that meets the business objectives.
- Asset Management
- B.Sc in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / IT Related Disciplines (2.1/Upper Credit Minimum)
- At least 1 year experience within the telecoms space as a Network/Communications Engineer
- A good understanding of computer networks as well as some aspects of project management (Cisco Certification | PMP is a bonus)
- A good grasp of technical (wireless & wireline) installations and willingness to learn more
- Practical Experience with Network Connectivity Devices (Routers & Switches)
- Experience with LAN/WAN Network Design and Configuration
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite [including MS Project &Visio]
- Understanding of Communications Networks. Cisco network certification is required.
- A good grasp of Wireline & Wireless Installations (Fibre & Ethernet Cabling, IP Planning, RF Planning, Network Design, Installation and Maintenance)
- High degree of Microsoft Office Suite competence [Bonus: Visio, MS Project]
- Fluent English
- Exemplary Communication Skills [Face to Face and over the telephone]; Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization
- Customer Focused
- Hardworking and Tenacious
- Action Orientation
- Tech Savvy
- Result Driven
- Excellent Decision Quality
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Excellent troubleshooting and analysis skills
- Impeccable Customer Service and Support Skills
- Customer Focus
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online