An indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization with head office in Abuja and field offices in several locations in Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Director
Job Code: TSU005
- We are in search of highly skilled, dynamic, committed, bright individuals with good work ethics and high level of integrity to work with our highly experienced team.
- If your energy for our vision of saving lives, along with technical skills match our need to keep delivering Program that continues to strengthen the health system in Nigeria then apply if the position suits your skills and abilities.
- Support the Chief Executive Officer with clinical and technical direction to reduce HIV incidences and AIDS-related mortality by increasing access to and the use of treatment and prevention services for all populations and by strengthening Ministry of Health governance
- Supervise clinical teams, technical specialists, and staff while working closely with other project staff.
- Use surveillance data to inform programming for activities that achieve epidemic control for all genders, ages, and risk groups
- Ensure the technical soundness and appropriateness of all project assistance and clinical service delivery.
- Implement innovative strategies that demonstrably increase testing yields using index partner testing, reduce lost to follow-up through “recapture” campaigns using data to identify those who have fallen out of care and other approaches to address unmet needs and to close gaps in the treatment continuum
- Oversee and monitor site-level performance, including clinical and technical work planning, performance management, case finding, and care continuum linkage approaches
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and make appropriate program adjustments
- Serve as the main point of contact for the implementation, providing vision, direction, leadership, and management for the project
- Provide technical, operational, and managerial oversight to all aspects of the program to ensure all activities, and deliverables are executed with quality and timeliness
- Establish and maintain highly collaborative working relationships with the Government of Nigeria, USG / as required, along with relevant incountry stakeholders; serve as the primary point of contact for CDC and as the principal liaison with CDC staff, institutions, and country partners to exchange information and develop professional relationships
- Manage the country team, ensure technical capacity of staff; provide technical assistance and backstopping when required
- Ensure that all activities are undertaken in full compliance with CIHP standard operating procedures, CIHP policies and regulations, and national policies and laws
- Promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, linkages to other programs, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening in support of the journey to self-reliance
- Ensure documentation and dissemination of findings, impact, innovations, and lessons learned
- Engage fully as a member of the Senior Management team, including participating in staff meetings and other leadership functions.
- Ensure optimal use of human, financial, and physical resources to successfully meet project milestones, objectives, deliverables and targets
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Medical doctor, with an advanced degree in Public Health or a related field
- Minimum Ten years of senior-level and progressive relevant experience in PMTCT programming with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS with provision of HTS, anti-retroviral therapy (ART), TB HIV collaboration, care and support in resource constrained settings
- Minimum Seven years of senior-level management experience in the design, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of activities of similar size and complexity in Nigeria or a similar setting
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise managing projects of similar size and scope
- Solid technical expertise in all aspects of addressing HIV/AIDS, including prevention, treatment, care and support, prevention of mother-tochild transmission, tuberculosis, and crosscutting areas such as health system strengthening
- A very good understanding and working knowledge of the health and HIV program priorities; Substantial experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control and securing and managing grants (e.g., USAID, CDC/PEPFAR and other grant funders).
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility and integrity
- Demonstrated success leading complex, evolving, large-scale operations, tasks, and teams and working with multiple sectors and stakeholders and achieving programmatic and financial results.
- Proven strategic planner and team leader with strong technical knowledge, conceptual and analytical ability.
Application Closing Date
8th April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their current CV, Suitability statement not more than 200 words indicating Position and Location (in Microsoft Word format) to: projectrecruitmenT255@gmail.com The subject of the email should be the Job Title, Location and Applicant Full Name; e.g. Senior Technical Director Abuja, CHINEDU OGUAGHAMBA.
|Job Category||NGO / Community Service jobs in Nigeria|