Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness.
We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997, we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior M&E Specialist for Systems and Analysis, USAID / Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (MELA)
- The anticipated scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Nigeria staff and partners to implement more efficient, effective, and transparent activities by improving: (1) USAID and Implementing Partner’s (IP) capacity to achieve expected results; (2) USAID’s understanding and tracking of activity and project performance; and (3) Mission and activity ability to collaborate, learn, and adapt (CLA).
- The anticipated award of this contract is Fall 2020.
- SI is seeking a full-time Senior M&E Specialist for Systems and Analysis who will be responsible for overseeing and managing performance monitoring systems and analysis.
- This position will be based in Abuja. The Specialist will serve as a core team member on a full-time basis throughout the five-year period of performance.
- Lead the enhancement of the performance reporting system requirements for the Mission, its Implementing Partners, and with Government of Nigeria reporting requirements.
- Oversee the enhancement of the performance reporting system, and lead the design and application of econometric methodologies in all aspects of the monitoring and evaluation program.
- Lead the application of econometric or other quantitative approaches to the Mission’s data gathering and analyses for assessments, evaluations, baselines, data quality assessments and other M&E data gathering efforts
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the performance reporting system and its data collection, reporting and analysis meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders, to include all USAID M&E-related reporting requirements.
- Provide key expertise in the design and analysis of results which will be a core aspect of the Mission’s Collaboration, Learning and Adapting component.
- Work with Chief of Party, Monitoring Lead, Evaluation Lead, and Organizational Learning and Knowledge Management Advisor, ensuring that monitoring information is shared and fully utilized through knowledge sharing and strategic learning processes to speed innovation and improve upon and bring new innovations to the Mission’s programmatic work in-country.
- Master’s Degree with a minimum of seven years of relevant experience in development, economics, knowledge management or related fields.
- Progressively responsible professional experience in monitoring and evaluation with monitoring and evaluation activities within complex international development contexts.
- Strong quantitative, analytical background in cost-benefit analysis, econometric methodologies, or statistical systems.
- Strong M&E information systems background, either experienced in leading teams that have developed M&E information systems or direct information systems development.
- Excellent teamwork, inter-personal, verbal and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to conduct field work in areas with hardship conditions, in remote areas, for extended periods of time.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online