African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Interpretation Operations Assistant, CHLS2
Reference: ADB / 20 / 030
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50001473
- The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services Complex ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The Complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, IT, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity, and health and safety strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
Administrative, Client Relations and Operational Activities:
- Handle administrative tasks in the Division and support the team in operational activities;
- Support the recruitment of all freelance interpreters for the Bank Annual Meetings and during other High-level Events, Conferences and Seminars organized by the Bank;
- Provide logistical support for the division’s meetings by organizing the venue and preparing reports thereon;
- Assist interpreters in the preparation of missions and meetings, and maintain all relevant records;
- Prepare background documentation for interpreters with the help of user departments;
- Assist in the preparation of the daily, weekly and monthly schedule of assignments of staff and freelance interpreters;
- Serve as interface with clients and manage relations and communications with user departments Bank-wide and external partners outside the Bank;
- Ensure the smooth functioning of the interpretation management software which the Division uses for the coordination of all interpretation assignments;
Application Closing Date
6th May, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Banking / Insurance Jobs|