Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client, a design, architecture, engineering and planning company is recruiting a suitable and experienced candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full time
Industry: Construction & Real Estate
Job Seniority: Senior level
Job Category: Accounting and Finance
- Preparing financial statements, management accounts, Finance reports and any adhoc reports.
- Accounting for firm’s financial assets such as tangible and intangible assets also including its investments in line with the respective financial policies.
- Accounting for Receivables and Withholding Tax credit notes as well as Accounting for Payable and other liabilities.
- Preparing and updating Annual Budget with inputs from Admin and IT departments.
- Preparing and updating Directors monthly Cash call to fund budget/operations.
- Reconciling the budget to actual results of operations.
- Participating in and organizing the Annual statutory audit of the firm’s books of account.
- Liaising with the External Auditors in respect of the firm’s annual statutory audit.
- Participating in and organizing the various Tax audits (FIRS,LIRS) of the firm’s books of account.
- Liaising with the Tax Auditors in respect of the firm’s various Tax audits.
- Addressing any Audit queries raised by either External Auditor or Tax Auditors.
- Having an oversight function on payroll preparation and administration.
- Ensuring prompt remittances of (VAT, WHT, PAYE, Pension and Others)
- Ensuring that the internal controls over the firm’s assets and resources are functioning and effective.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from a reputable institution.
- ICAN or ACCA is a pre-requisite.
- Masters degree in Business Administration would be an added advantage
- Have knowledge of QuickBooks, Peachtree and Sage software
- 8-10 years of post-qualification experience, preferably in a similar position.
- Demonstrate high level of oral communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to manage the flow of people and business, liaise and consult with internal and external stakeholders regarding sensitive and confidential matters, and maintain effective working relationships in a high volume environment.
- Demonstrate a high level of confidentiality, tact, discretion, initiative and sound judgement
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to determine priorities, meet regular deadlines and take/follow up action
- Demonstrated ability to contribute in a professional and collaborative way to a team
- Willingness to work long hours, under time and budget pressure
- Good interpersonal skills and organizational skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We thank all applicants, however only those selected will be contacted.
|Job Category||Senior Accountant|