EHA Clinics, a subsidiary of eHealth Africa, is a health care network operating across Nigeria that provides high-quality, innovative, data-driven, and technology-enabled services. EHA Clinics delivers a comprehensive range of state of the art health care services in each location, e.g, general consultations, laboratory investigations, pharmaceuticals, annual medical checks, child wellness checks, ultrasonography, and specialized services (urgent care, telemedicine, home care, dental care, and ophthalmology).
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Research Associate
- The Assistant Practice and QA manager is responsible for the coordination and overseeing daily administrative and clinical activities of the clinic and clinical team members to ensure compassionate, effective and efficient delivery of high-quality clinical care for patients.
- S/he is responsible for the supervision of all employed clinical support staff.
- Serve as the primary leadership communication link between the teams and departments throughout the organization.
- S/he is responsible to ensure the overall smooth day to day operations, and employee engagement.
- In addition, as an Assistant QA manager, S/he will manage and implement quality management and quality improvement programs to ensure high-quality patient experience while achieving departmental and organizational goals.
- Assist a team of, scientists and clinical staff to successfully execute research projects.
- Actively monitor the performance of projects to ensure they meet deliverables and deadlines.
- Meet with funders and investigators to prepare research implementation plans.
- Prepare and obtain Ethics Review Board and other applicable approvals.
- Recruit and supervise research interns.
- Coordinate with the procurement team for timely procurement of research equipment and consumables.
- Regularly create social media posts and stories to increase the visibility of the department in the local and professional community.
- Assist the finance team to prepare budgets and monitor expenditures.
- Recruit additional staff as needed.
- Screen grant applications and RFPs to identify research opportunities.
- Provide some input to grant applications and RFPs and submit them on time.
- Conduct outreach activities at universities and other suitable organizations to solicit new projects and staff.
- Coordinate with external consultants as needed on projects.
- Work closely with intramural and extramural colleagues to identify new research topics and funding opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
- Adhere to EHA Clinics code of conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Medicine or Public Health from an accredited university; a Master’s Degree in public health, biological science or a similar field will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 1 year of outstanding work experience as a research intern or support staff in a nationally recognized organization is essential. Demonstrable proof of such experience is required prior to any interviews.
- Knowledge and experience in project management will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Hausa.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with a wide variety of patients, medical staff, and caregivers.
- Strong computer skills, including Google Suite are desirable.
- Good documentation and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time as required.
Competitive salary based on our salary scale.
The following benefits are available with this offer of employment:
- Healthcare: EHA Clinics will cover medical expenses for yourself, your spouse, and up to two dependents. Further details are contained in the EHA Clinics Employee Handbook.
- Group Life Assurance: EHA Clinics provides life insurance for team members. This insurance is payable in the event of your death. The effective date of coverage will be upon successful completion of your probationary period.
- Group & Personal Accident: EHA Clinics provides Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (ADD) for you as our employee. AD&D covers death by accidental means (rather than natural causes) and dismemberment. The effective date of coverage is your hire date.
- Pension: EHA Clinics supports employee retirement preparation and investment by paying a 10% pension contribution on top of the statutory pension contribution of 8% that is already factored into your salary.
- Annual Leave: You are entitled to 21 days paid annual leave accrued at 1.75 days/month (based on full-time work schedule).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online