Lagoon Hospitals has consistently been providing healthcare of international standards in Nigeria. Established in 1984 by Professor Emmanuel and Professor (Mrs.) Oyin Elebute, and commencing operations in 1986 as a provider of integrated healthcare services, Lagoon Hospitals is currently the largest private healthcare services Group in Nigeria with six healthcare facilities.
Lagoon Hospitals is the only Nigerian Hospital group accredited by the Joint Commission International, and one of two groups in Sub-Saharan African to be so accredited. The Hospitals was first accredited in 2011 and re-accredited in 2015, 2018 and 2021.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Radiographer
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Chief Radiographer
- This role is responsible for producing quality diagnostic images that will assist clinicians in patient management.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Set up examinations rooms, ensuring that all necessary equipment is ready
- Operation of radiologic and magnetic imaging equipment to produce images for diagnostic purposes
- Review and evaluation of developed x-rays, video tape, or computer generated information to determine suitability for diagnostic purposes.
- Monitor patients’ conditions and reactions, reporting abnormal signs to physicians
- Explain procedures and observe patients to ensure safety and comfort during procedure
- Collaborate with other medical team members, (physicians and nurses), to conduct special procedures.
- Operate mobile x-ray equipment in operating room, emergency room, or at patient’s bedside.
- Use radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply with government regulations and to ensure safety of self and patients’
- Liaise and work with other medical and non-medical staff to ensure quality care is given to patients
- Prepare and administer oral or injected contrast media to patients.
- Operate fluoroscope to aid physician to view and guide through area of interest during surgery
- Prompt incidence reporting and management of patients’ grievances
- Participate at the Hospitals’ CME’s and quality improvement activities
- Comply with the use of standard operating procedures and policies.
Key Result Areas / Performance Goals:
- Patient positioning and immobilization on examining table
- Imaging equipment positioning and adjustment of controls to set exposure time and distance, according to specification of examination
- Ability to key commands and data into computer to document and specify scan sequences, adjust transmitters and receivers, or photograph certain images
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Radiology or its equivalent.
- Registration with the Radiographers Registration Board of Nigeria with valid practicing license.
- 1 year experience in a related role.
- Computer literacy
- Working knowledge of x-ray equipments, including fluoroscopy and mobile units.
- Working knowledge of CT Scanner.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online