Cannon Projects (CP) is an indegenous engineering and construction management firm a wealth of work expertise. The company has been in operation since 2005 when it was incorporated as a limited liability company under the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Cannon Projects has the equipment, manpower and experience to offer the needed peace of mind expect from a leading full-service construction company. CP operates as a multi-faceted engineering firm with expertise in Engineering, Construction management and technical support services with a presence in Abuja, Lagos, and Port Harcourt.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor / Project Manager
Location: Maitama, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
- Price/forecast the cost of the different materials needed for the project
- Prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
- Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjust budget projections accordingly
- Procure or agree the services of contractors and/or subcontractors who work on the construction of the project
- Measure and value the work done on site
- Pay subcontractors
- Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers and site engineers
- Select and/or source construction materials
- Write reports.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management tominimizeproject risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
Job Requirements / Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Management, or similar.
- Construction estimating or finance experienced is advantageous.
- Certification in Project Management
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Sound knowledge of construction.
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize, plan, and strategize.
Application Closing Date
15th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using “QS / Project Manager” as the subject of the email.