Dogan’s Sugar Limited is incorporated in July 2013 in Lagos, Nigeria as a European invested company with the will to produce quality sugar products in Nigeria. The company is a subsidiary of Ata Ltd. Co.; Ukraine’s biggest and market leader cube sugar manufacturing company with more than %70 market share.
To start local manufacturing in Nigeria, our company has opened a new factory in Lagos and started its first commercial production in April, 2014 with a production capacity of 90,000 cartons (2,182.5 Metric Tonnes) per month. Our company applies the latest International food standards for food safety and quality (FSSC 22000). In the production of Dogan’s Sugar Cubes, it is only used full automatic high technology European sugar processing lines with zero hand contact with the product. As the main raw material, we’re only using R1 grade granulated sugar with vitamin A.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Control Officer
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance to raw material standards through maintenance of good supplier control.
- Ensure compliance with product quality standards in terms of recipe and processing methods.
- Manage food safety through the establishment of prerequisite programs and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point Plan for operational processes.
- Liaise with the statutory and regulatory agencies such as NAFDAC, SON, LASEPA, NESREA, MDAs, LCDAs, and Public Health Officers.
- Research and develop new products through competitor benchmarking.
- Establish and maintain standards for stock-keeping such as FIFO, FEFO & LILO.
- Establish standards for best Hygiene Practices.
- Troubleshoot whenever there is a deviation in operational processes and standards.
- Monitor Operational Quality Cycle.
- Ensure compliance with the Human and Environmental Safety Policy of the organization.
- Train and retrain staff on Food Safety, Quality Management systems and Best Hygiene Practices.
- Engage in periodic compliance audits of staff, operations, and equipment in relation to Quality and Hygiene standards.
- Carry out corrective actions and preventive actions implementation and reports on observations and/or compliance directives from regulatory bodies.
- Generate monthly and periodic reports to Management on Quality Circle Deviation.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the Management.
Competency & Technical Skill Requirements
- B.Sc / HND in Food Science or any Biological Science fields
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Managing people.
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to write technical reports.
- Analytical minded.
- Good planning ability.
- Vast experience in Food processing and manufacturing
- Professional Certification in Quality, Food, Health, and Safety.
Application Closing Date
12th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.