The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations’ global development network. It advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves. It provides expert advice, training and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations.
Headquartered in New York City, the status of UNDP is that of an executive board within the United Nations General Assembly. The UNDP is funded entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states. The organization operates in 177 countries, where it works with local governments to meet development challenges and develop local capacity.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: PVE Expert Consultancy
Location: Nigeria (with expected travel within Nigeria)
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Post Level: National Consultant
Languages Required: English
Starting Date: 19-Apr-2020 (date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
Duration of Initial Contract: Forty (40) Working Days
Expected Duration of Assignment: Forty (40) Working Days
Duties and Responsibilities
The Consultant will travel within Nigeria for planning and information gathering/data collection purposes. The below outlines the activities and the estimated number of days:
- Inception meeting (2 days in Abuja): Meeting with all research team members and UNDP Nigeria to agree upon a method of collaboration and engagement as well as to ensure the objectives of the research and deliverables are well understood by all team members.
- Field research to administer KII and FGD (20 days): Along with the research team, the Consultant will travel to all Middle Belt states identified to
- Validation workshop (1 day in Abuja): The Consultant will attend and present findings during a validation workshop with partners, stakeholders and the UNDP team.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Peace and Conflict studies, Development studies, International Relations, Sociology/Anthropology, or other relevant field.
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience conducting research and working on topics related to violent
- Extremism in West Africa, peace building and conflict prevention, including conducting conflict analysis
- Proven experience working in/on the conflict context in Nigeria and surrounding region
- Experience with UNDP or other UN agencies
- Strong analytical skills, proven experience in applying research methodology.
Application Closing Date
6th April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Medical/ Healthcare / Pharmaceutical Jobs|