Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Purchasing Supervisor
Job Number: 22094392
Location: Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom
Job Category: Procurement, Purchasing, and Quality Assurance
Brand: Four Points
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
- Print and organize various necessary documents, summarize relevant information, and distribute information to appropriate employees. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company safety programs within assigned area of responsibility, (e.g., food, retail), as well as all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Adhere to food safety and handling policies and procedures across all food-related areas. Maintain clear and organized records to ensure all reports and invoices are filed and stored properly.
- Calculate figures for inventories, orders, and costs. Conduct inventory audits to determine inventory levels and needs. Notify manager/supervisor of low stock levels.
- Troubleshoot vendor delivery issues and oversee return process. Verify and track received inventory.
- Reconcile shipping invoices and receiving reports. Receive, unload, and process deliveries. Monitor PAR levels for all food items to ensure proper levels. Refuse acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items.
- Assist management in training, scheduling, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print). Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces. Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces as well as up and stairs and/or service ramps. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online