Posted 7 months ago
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Purchaser
- Performing on a day-to-day basis the purchasing activities of a supply office, analysing market sources and competitive pricing conditions among different suppliers to ensure an ongoing supply of goods, following the procurement procedures and according to MSF standards and protocols.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Constantly assessing the local market, seeking products and suppliers that offer the best value for money and negotiating prices in order to guarantee the best quality and pricing for MSF goods and commodities.
- Regularly updating the supplier-item-price data on the supply office and informing the Supply Chain Officer of all information or modifications to the data i.e. price, address, and items available.
- At the request of the line manager, obtaining different quotations from suppliers according to the MSF Purchasing policy and placing purchase orders to pre-selected suppliers with whom prices have been agreed.
- Requesting invoices or receipts, immediately, for all purchases, checking they are correctly filled and translating information written in the local language before approval.
- Managing the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchases: completing purchase orders, checking delivery notes (against orders), managing advances issued by the Finance department, etc.
- Updating information on purchase lists after purchases are made.
- Assisting in the reception control process with the storekeeper and asking the support from the technical referent.
- Performing delegated tasks according to his / her activity and as specified in his/her job description.
- Expedite the orders as per the agreed delivery date with suppliers and communicate any delay to the requester
- Share order follow-up with clients and supply teams on a regular basis
- Filing and Archiving of procurement documents.
- Education Essential – Diploma in Supply, Economics, Business Administration, or other related diplomas.
- Experience Essential – At least 2 years of experience in supply chain-related jobs
- Desirable – MSF experience in a similar position
- Competences/Skill – Microsoft Office Literacy is essential.
Application Closing Date
13th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only successful applicants will be called for next steps and are obligated to disclose any information about family member(s) currently in the employ of MSF-France in any location.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation.