Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: PS Core Solution Architect
Req ID: 564088
Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
We are now looking for a Packet Core SA, who will be responsible for analyzing, designing and driving the optimization of the Evolved Packet Core network to improve its performance.
In this role, you will be accountable to ensure that the network is optimized to meet the required Service Level Agreements(SLA) or deliver the best cost- effective topology or configuration.
Additionally, you will assist by translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions and proposals.
- Analyze the performance and resources on the core and data network
- Define solutions to improve network performance against set target
- Drive initiatives to improve network performance and end-user quality
- End-user quality of service optimization
- Deploy corrective measures to improve traffic ability performance (end-user focus)
- Analyze customer technology and business requirements and participate in risk analysis
- Develop technical presentations and proposals, and perform customer presentations
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing
- Support in identification of business opportunities and presales activities
- Stay abreast of on new technology/technical areas within the domain
- Provide domain expertise to support back office and planning functions
To be successful in the role, you must have:
- Degree in Engineering preferably in Electronics, Computer Science, Telecommunication or equivalent
- Minimum years of experience: 5 yrs in Packet Core (with relevant experience on Ericsson platforms)
- Domain experience: Packet Core(native and cloud)
- Good exposure on KPI formulae, KPI degradation and KPI troubleshooting
- Good understanding of Network Architecture, signaling, and data flows in technologies of 2G, 3G, 4G & 5G
- Be proficient in core network performance / configuration parameters,protocols etc, and their interpretation and usage
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo but will build what replaces it.
Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls.
You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: