Al-Ansar University, Maiduguri (AUM) is located in Maiduguri, Borno State of Nigeria. It is an off-shoot of Al-Ansar Foundation, a Non-Governmental and Non-Profit making Foundation established with a specific focus on assisting indigent citizens gain access to Education and Health Care Services among others.
Al-Ansar University was established along with other eleven (11) Private Universities on 6th April, 2022 and received its operational License on 12th May, 2022. The University was essentially established to compliment efforts of Governments at all Levels and to bridge the Tertiary Education gaps, especially in the North-East Region. The University aspires to be a World-Class Institution of Learning and Research Center of Excellence that will produce well-rounded, entrepreneurial, and globally employable Graduates.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Professor
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
We are recuiting Lecturers in the following Departments and Programmes:
|Islamic Studies||B.A. Islamic Studies|
|Business Management||B.Sc. Entrepreneurship
|Sociology||B.Sc. Criminology & Security Studies|
|Mass Communication||B.Sc. Mass Communication|
|Political Science||B.Sc. Peace & Conflict Resolution|
|Human Anatomy||B.Sc. Human Anatomy|
|Human Physiology||B.Sc. Human Physiology|
|Nursing Science||B.Sc. Nursing Science|
|Public Health||B.Sc. Public Health|
|Medical Laboratory Science||B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Science|
|Biological Science||B.Sc. Biotechnology|
|Mathematics||B.Sc. Industrial Mathematics|
|Physics||B.Sc. Physics with Electronics|
|Computer Science||B.Sc. Computer Science|
|Cyber Security||B.Sc. Cyber Security|
|Software Engineering||B.Sc. Software Engineering.|
- Candidate must possess a good First Degree in respective field of study from recognized University.
- Candidate must have a Doctorate Degree in the respective field
- Candidate must not have less than ten (10) years of teaching and research experience since becoming Lecturer II in a university.
- Candidates must have proof of continuing research with appreciable evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals published locally and internationally.
- Candidates must have ability to teach courses at the undergraduate level with evidence of practical skills and competence.
- Candidate must be computer literate.
Application Closing Date
15th December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are to submit Five (5) hard copies of their Applications along with Curriculum Vitae attached with copies of Certificates including candidate’s details as follows:
- Full Names
- Date of Birth
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address including e-mail address and Telephone Contact
- Marital Status
- Number of Children (with dates)
- Institutions attended (with dates)
- Academic Qualifications (with dates)
- Professional Qualifications (with dates)
- Honors, Distinctions, and Membership of Learned Societies and Professional Bodies
- Outstanding Publications, Discoveries or inventions if applicable (giving all relevant details)
- Working experience in the University System (giving names of the institution(s) and dates)
- Details of Administrative, Fund-attraction and Management Experience in the university system;
- Specific Services to Local, National and International Communities (giving dates, institution / establishment, and status)
- Present Employment Status, Salary and Employer
- Extra-curricular Activities
- Names and Addresses of three Referees.
All Applications should be sent to:
Al-Ansar University, Maiduguri,
Maiduguri, Borno State.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates are to be invited for interview.