SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: PLC Specialist (Triconex) – M/F
Location: Nigeria (AKPO FPSO)
Type of contract: Full-time
Duration: 6 months
Area Activity: Mechanical, HVAC and Electrical Services
- We are currently looking to further strengthen our skills in this field by integrating talents capable of blending into our teams and thus participating in our growth in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Do you recognize yourself in this portrait? We would be delighted to consider your application.
- In this context, we are looking for competent and passionate professionals for positions of PLC Specialist (Triconex) M/F to join its team located in Nigeria.
- Direct responsibility for the maintenance, operation and configuration of the hardware and software of the Akpo Safety Instrumented System (Schneider Electric Triconex System) subsystem of the Integrated Control and Safety System (ICSS).
- Partial responsibility for the Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) and associated devices of all Packages within the AKPO Industrial Information System (SII).
- Maintain, operate and perform routine tasks on the Process Safety System (PSS), Fire and Gas System (FGS) and Emergency Shutdown System (ESD) of the Triconex Safety Instrumented System.
- Apply and manage maintenance inhibitions in the systems as requested, directed and controlled by COMPANY rules and procedures. Register and maintain all such inhibitions on the AKPO Inhibition Tool database as par COMPANY rules.
- Prepare with the ICSS Adminstrator preventive and corrective actions and modifications of the Control Systems under his responsibility.
- Manage and document in technical reports, interventions using the CMIMS and work packs provided by the planning team.
- Follow up the parameter values and alarms in the concerned systems under his responsibility and perform trouble shooting if required.
- Maintain an accurate and auditable log of all system faults and inhibits (Short term and long term).
- Identify, in the preparatory stage of maintenance works, any sensitive operation and ensure that a proper assessment of the risks involved is carried out beforehand.
- Review and assure that all Software Modifications and corrective actions are validated by COMPANY and all impacted documentations are updated after implementation.
- 6 years or more experience.
- Knowledge of the oil and gas treatment process, installations and equipment.
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Schneider’s Triconex Safety Instrumented Systems.
- Knowledge of general instrumentation concepts, field devices (sensors and final elements), instrument loops, etc.
- Awareness of Emerson’s DeltaV Process Control System, Siemens, SIMATIC Industrial Automation Systems and Allen Bradley’s ControlLogix System is an added advantage.
- 6 years experience in the field of Control and Safety Systems and a minimum of 3 years as a Specialist in Control and Safety systems in the Oil and Gas / Petrochemical industry.
- Awareness of SAP CMIMS or similar.
- Awareness of Operator Training Simulators.
- Anglais (D-Maitrise professionnelle complète)
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online