Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager
Job Summary & Purpose
- They are responsible for people, operations, budgets, project delivery and strategy. The operations manager role is mainly to implement the right processes and practices across the organisation.
- The specific duties of an operations manager include formulating strategy, improving performance, procuring material and resources and securing compliance.
A Big-Picture Perspective:
- Because they are responsible for the overall well-being of the company’s operations, these types of managers tend to have a big-picture perspective.
- They are able to determine needs within the company and connect groups to work together to solve problems as they arise.
- They need to be critical thinkers who can analyze situations and make decisions geared toward the company’s best interests rather than those of a single department.
- This may mean that they also need to resolve conflicts as they arise between employees and set policies and guidelines for how to complete tasks.
- In terms of skills and abilities, operations managers need a healthy mix of hard and soft skills.
- Will most certainly will use computers and a variety of related software programs, including customer management tools and budgeting and accounting software.
- They also need to be able to manage people effectively using good listening, motivation and communication skills.
Oversight of Financial Information and Budgets:
- A large part of an operations manager’s job is to oversee the creation and administration of budgets within each area of the company.
- Strong leaders will regularly monitor expenses and curtail a department’s spending if necessary to keep the company on budget.
- They will also engage in cost-benefit analysis, seeking to obtain the best price for materials.
Supervise Supply Chain and Inventory:
- Another area of oversight is the management of supply chain procedures and inventory tracking. In order for the teams to operate effectively they need to have a steady supply of materials.
Workflow and Staffing:
- Operations managers also have a good handle on the staffing requirements of the organization.
- They work with HR to hire and train new employees and handle disciplinary issues. Because they are aware of the needs in each department, they can adjust the workflow and reassign tasks to improve efficiency in the operation.
Operations Managers in Various Roles:
- While operations managers all use a wide variety of skills to do their job, some, particularly in large companies, some of their specific responsibilities may include:
- Create and manage the company’s budget.
- Define company policies and implement training.
- Oversee day-to-day operations.
- Design strategy and set goals for growth.
- Maintain budgets and optimise expenses
- Set policies and processes.
- Ensure employees work productively and develop professionally.
- Academic Qualification: Degree in Business, Operations Management or related field
- Professional Qualification: B.Sc / BA in Business or relevant field; MSc / MA is a plus.
- Experience: Proven experience as an Operations Manager or similar executive role
- Experience in planning and budgeting.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Knowledge of business process and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations etc.)
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organisational and leadership skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Conflict Management
- Business Negotiation
- People Management
- Data Entry Skills
- Data Processing Skills
- Reporting Skills
- Budget Development
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
- Planning and Organising
- Communication Skills
- Influencing and Leading
- Team Work
- Stress Tolerance.
- Very Attractive.
Application Closing Date
26th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV not later than “3pm” on the above-stated closing date to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after the application closing date will be automatically rejected.
|Job Category||Manager Jobs|