Rossland Screening Solutions – Our client is recruiting a results-driven candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Scientist
Location: Gwarimpa, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Our client is looking for a qualified Lab Technician to undertake a variety of laboratory procedures of technical nature.
- S/He will be handling sensitive equipment to analyze samples or substances and conduct tests reporting findings to a laboratory manager.
- S/He should have experience in working under possibly hazardous conditions (e.g. pathogens or chemicals).
- He/She is expected tobe well-trained to maintain safety conditions and will be passionate about doing work that makes things move forward.
- The goal is to optimize lab procedures and succeed in producing reliable and important results that can be used to make a difference.
- Receive urine, blood or other samples for experimentation and analysis
- Prepare standard volumetric solutions or reagents to be combined with specimens
- Manage and operate laboratory equipment
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and database systems
- Test and study blood, urine and other body fluids
- Evaluate test results and prepare reports for physicians
- Maintain laboratory quality assurance and safety standards
- Cross-match blood for transfusion
- Guide and supervise junior staff and technicians
Qualification, Requirements and Skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Science and complete an internship program.
- Applicants that reside in and around Gwarimpa are preferred.
- Medical laboratory scientists are required to be registered with the medical sciences council of their country of residence to practice.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills
- Good listening and communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Computer skills
- Record-keeping skills
- Ability to keep the information confidential
- Patience, adaptability, dependability
- Accuracy and precision
Application Closing Date
30th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (Cover Letter and Resume as one document) to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Names of three (3) referees should be supplied who must be at least direct supervisors or past employers.