Alpha Mead Group is a Total Real Estate Solutions Company established to provide robust business support services to local and international Real Estate investors or owners with interests in Facilities Management, Real Estate Development and Advisory, Security Systems and Technologies, Training, Healthcare Management and Real Estate Financing Services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Risk Management & Internal Control
- Direct and develop a risk-based annual internal audit plan and budget for evaluating the effectiveness of controls in place to manage significant financial reporting and other risk exposures, safeguard company assets and comply with laws and regulations.
- Regularly evaluate departments to determine if they are performing in compliance with recommended processes, procedures, and business controls.
- Optimize and maintain various Internal Control policies and procedures
- Define risk categories and tolerance and recommend actions and mitigation plans on identified risks with management.
- Provide guidance to process owners about the most significant risks to the business; ensuring heads of businesses understand the risks that might affect their departments
- Examine and evaluate financial information systems, management procedures, and internal controls to ensure records and controls are accurate
- Prepare detailed and executive summary audit reports for senior management to highlight significant internal control deficiencies and recommend actionable remediation plans
- Design and implement an overall risk management process for the organisation, which includes an analysis of the financial impact on the company when risks occur.
- Suggests new initiatives, controls, and procedures to ensure good business practices are in place.
- Performing a risk assessment and evaluation by identifying and analysing potential risks with criteria set out by the company
- Follow ethical standards to protect against fraud and theft of the company’s assets
- Conduct policy and compliance audits, which will include liaising with internal and external auditors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Banking and Finance / Economics or any related field.
- 8 – 11 years of professional experience in Internal Control and Risk Management, preferably in a Real Estate Industry.
- Professional certifications such as ICAN, ACCA or any other related certification is a Must-have
- Experience with working in an international and matrix environment;
- Eager and ambitious with the ability to go at least one level up;
- Strong knowledge and practice of IFRS and IAS practices and reporting guidelines
- Well-versed in state and federal laws and regulations relating to compliance, general accounting, and management controls
- Strong ethical standard, objectivity, qualitative risk-based thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent process evaluation and management skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online