Lafarge Africa Plc is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group – the biggest building and concrete solutions company in the world. It is a publicly quoted company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and serves Nigeria with a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Loading Bay Operator, Ewekoro
Requisition ID: 923
Location: Opebi, Lagos
Reports to: Packing Plant Technician
- Role holder is responsible for carrying out first-level inspection aimed at identifying issues on the plants before actually emanating into serious problems.
- He/She is also to ensure that bulk lorries are promptly and correctly loaded with appropriate tonnage as programmed.
- Contribute to the best level of performance of the plant’s equipment.
- Accountable for the safety of all subordinates and colleagues in the section
- Carries out first level inspection of the plants.
- Ensures prompt and proper loading of bulk lorries as programmed. Checks and ensures that all loading specifications are adhered to. Avert under/over loading by counter checking weighted trucks to ensure correct weights are dispatched.
- Scans through loading instructions to supervise loading and ensure accuracy.
- Ensures bulk lorries are loaded with specified type of cement.
- Accountable for all problems arising in the section from first level inspection and bulk loading and follows laid down procedures in resolving and liaising with superiors.
- Prepares daily and monthly reports on types of cement despatched. Liaises with Shift Coordinator and Shipping Supervisors on the status of different Cement stocks. and the need to accelerate production to meet targets and demands.
- Contribute to the analysis of failures and problems, recommending corrective actions.
- Comply with EMS Production Instrumentation job functions.
- Ensure involvement in the implementation and maintenance of integrated management system in the plant.
Educational Qualification, Experience and Other Requirements
- OND / Trade Test in Sciences or Engineering or Numerate Sciences.
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience in a process industry.
- Understand the process involved and effects at each stage in Cement production from the raw material to finished production.
- Ability to interpret and understand laboratory Cement analysis.
- Ability to operate equipment in the section
- Compiles bulk cement despatch reports and handles consignment forms plus other related documents.
- High degree of numeric for maintaining Cement packing statistics as well as stocks
- Ability to motivate and maintain
- Good planning skills.
- Tack and diplomacy when dealing with customers
- Easy to adopt to new job demands and environment requirements
- Able to work under pressure where necessary in order to produce required results with maximum efficiency.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online