54gene was founded in 2019 by Dr. Abasi Ene-Obong to address the significant gap in the global genomics market; Nearly 90% of genetic material used in pharmaceutical research is Caucasian. Only 2% is African, despite the fact that Africans and people of African ancestry are more genetically diverse than all other world populations combined.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Laboratory Quality Manager
Department: Laboratory Operations
Reports to: VP, Laboratory Operations
- We are seeking highly-motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our team in the 54gene laboratory.
- Candidates must be willing to join a fast-paced environment, be willing to learn quickly, adapt to new environments and must have a keen interest in laboratory and research related activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The primary role of the QM is to implement the determined upon quality management standard.
- The Quality Manager has overall responsibility for quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA) in all the laboratory units.
- Implement a system for monitoring data quality and performance
- Ensuring that all laboratory staff are aware of, and involved in the implementation and maintenance of the quality management system
- Design and implement QC/QA training programs
- The QM is responsible for periodic review of standard operating procedures
- Reporting to Laboratory Management on the performance of the quality management system and needs for improvement.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Essential: Bachelor’s degree in Medicine or Medical Laboratory Science (MBBS or MLS)
- Desirable: A professional quality certification
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in both quality management and serving in a supervisory role.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge and understanding of laboratory quality standards particularly ISO 15189
- Demonstrate a high level of verbal and non-verbal communication skills in order to effectively communicate with colleagues, management, other staff and stakeholders from other institutions.
- Demonstrate leadership and team management skills including the ability to manage his/her staff and service and work with multi-disciplinary team members.
- Demonstrate evidence of effective planning and organizing skills
- Effective communicator, and manager.
- Must be meticulous and organized.
- Authorization to work in Nigeria
- The duties stated are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required. Other related duties may be assigned within scope of ability.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Equal Opportunity Employer:
- 54gene celebrates diversity and is proud to be an inclusive employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, marital status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a mental or physical disability, or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristics