PalmPay is an Africa-focused fintech firm, launched in 2019. PalmPay is a mobile payments platform that offers a number of financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit Manager
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job type: Full Time
Level: Experienced Career.
- Develop, initiate, maintain and revise policies and procedures and its related activities to stem operational risks and prevent, fraud. money laundering, illegal, unethical, or improper conduct in the bank’s operations.
- Plan, organize and execute the internal control and compliance functions in line with regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Ensures that the Bank is in compliance with various regulatory requirements and that employees are in adherence with internal procedures and policies.
- Conduct risk assessment of business activities, departments, branches, functional areas continuously to ensure all risk exposures are proactively managed
- Oversee internal, external and oversight audit of bank’s operations, functional areas and departmental activities to ensure all infractions are properly handled and resolved
- Ensure effective review of GL, bank Asset and liabilities accounts, investigation of errors and differences in accounts as well as carryout revenue assurance to prevent income leakage across product lines
- Review of fees, interest rates & Loan application and disbursement processes for accuracy.
- Track & monitor loan repayment, collections and default rates for anomalies in line with maximum acceptable limits
- Timely rendition of periodic regulatory reports (CBN, NDIC, NFIU etc.), board reports and other adhoc reports.
- Develop and implement fraud prevention procedures and processes to ensure effective transactions monitoring (Implementing tools to monitor transactions, identify attempted fraud and reports)
- Monitor the strict adherence to governance and setting high standards of professionalism across the functions
- Train and communicate new regulations on AML/KYC, Licensing requirements etc. with management or employees where applicable.
- Minimum of First Degree in Accounting and other numerate discipline.
- MBA or M.Sc in a relevant discipline will be added advantage.
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory framework, regulatory environment, credit analysis / appraisal, financial & operational audit of organizations.
- Previous experience in Management and proficient use of accounting software E.g Quickbooks, Peachtree, SAP
- Relevant professional qualification such as ICAN / ACCA / CIS / CFA / CISA / ACAMS and other relevant professional certifications.
- A minimum of five (5) years post-qualification experience, four (3) of which must have been in the financial service industry and at least two (2) years at the senior management level.
- Strong interpersonal skills, written & verbal communication and strong cross functional.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online