The Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies is Nigeria’s apex Institution for research and advanced studies in law. It was a brainchild of the legal academic community established in March 1979. One of the main ideas in founding the Institute was to establish it as the centre for advanced legal research for all the Nigerian universities with Faculties of Law, so that all postgraduate work could be undertaken there under the joint auspices of the most experienced and learned academic lawyers available in the country, whether indigenous or foreign.
The Governing Council of the Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies hereby announces the process of filling the vacant position in the Institute. Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified candidate who meet the criteria as stated below:
Job Title: Institute Librarian
Job Type: Full time
The Institute Librarian is responsible:
- To the Director General for the day to day administration and coordination of the institute’s library
- For providing academic leadership in initiating and leading general research work
- For initiating and generating list of required titles for acquisition; and
- For the development or utilization of relevant software for the operation of the library.
Qualification and Qualities
To qualify for the position of Institute Librarian, the candidate must:
- Be of a holder of Doctorate degree in Library Sciences from a recognized University with at least 15 (Fifteen) years post qualification cognate experience in a University, Research Institute Or;
- Be a holder of a Doctorate degree in Social Sciences or Humanities from a recognized University with at least 15 (Fifteen) years relevant post-qualification experience in a University, Research Institute or similar institutions and a professional qualification in Library Science
- Have 20 (Twenty) relevant publications and Be computer literate
- Possession of a Degree in Law is an added advantage.
The Candidate must possess:
- General administrative competence;
- Good human relations; and
- Exhibit considerable ability and competence in Librarianship.
Tenure & Salary
- The tenure of office is for a single term of 5 (Five) years.
- The remuneration of the Institute Secretary shall be a consolidated salary, as applicable in the case of a Registrar of a Nigerien Federal University.
Application Closing Date
15th April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send 10 copies of their typewritten Application and detailed CV, photocopies of their Credentials to the address below:
Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies,
Supreme Court Complex,
Three Arms Zone,
Note: Applicants should give names of Three (3) referees; at least Two (2) should be competent to attest to the candidates’s professional / academic standing and character. Candidates should request their referees to send their confidential report direct to the address above.