Genesis is a wholly Nigerian owned group with business interests in hotels, restaurants, cinemas, shopping malls, real estate development, catering and snack foods. Genesis has its corporate head office in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. For twenty five years, we have provided ‘exceptional products and services’ to multinationals, local corporations and the Nigerian public.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE / Safety Officer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Safety Officer is responsible for monitoring and assessing hazardous and unsafe situations in the Company with a direct reporting line to the HSE Manager.
- Developing measures to assure personnel safety.
- Correct unsafe acts or conditions through the regular line of authority.
- May exercise emergency authority to prevent or stop unsafe acts when immediate action is required.
- The Safety Officer maintains awareness of active and developing situations.
- Ensures there are safety messages in each Incident Action Plan.
- Participate in planning meetings to identify any health and safety concerns inherent in the operations daily work-plan.
- Review the Incident Action Plan for safety implications.
- Investigate accidents that have occurred within the Outlets and its environment.
- Inspects the site to ensure it is a hazard-free environment.
- Conducts toolbox meetings.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent.
- Relevant experience in a food manufacturing industry.
- Minimum of Three (3)years’ experience as a HSE Officer.
- Must have HSE certification.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Highly motivated team player willing to go the extra mile.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “HSE OFFICER PH” as the subject of the mail.