United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Specialist (Social and Behavioral Change Communication SBC)
Job no: 559957
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Contract type: Temporary Appointment – 364 days
How can you make a difference?
- Under the general guidance of the Health Manager -Immunization & Health systems and oversight from the Chief of Health and HIV and in close collaboration with Chief of SBC and Communication team the incumbent will be working as a member of the National Emergency Operation Centre (NEOC), and they will be deployed to polio outbreak states as a member of the Management Support Team (MST) according to the outbreak SOPs.
- The incumbent will be responsible for the design, management, execution, monitoring and evaluation of behavior change and social mobilization activities in support of the country Polio plan, with a specific focus on support to areas of communication for polio eradication and for generating demand for and uptake of immunization services and will work on other health interventions as needed.
Summary of Key Functions/Accountabilities
- Support to SBCC strategy design and development
- Implementation of SBCC activities
- Technical and operational support
- Advocacy, networking, and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Communication and Media Engagement
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
- An Advanced University Degree in Social and Behavioral Change Communication, Public Health, or other Social / Behavioral Sciences or Community Health area (Health promotion, Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Health Education, bio-medical sciences, public health) or related area, with emphasis on participatory communication, communication planning, social mobilization, participatory research.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible work experience in public or community health and Social and Behavioral Change Communication, the planning and management of social communication programs, including in immunization/polio. Background in public health and strong management skills would be highly considered.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Arabic is of added value.
For every Child, you demonstrate
UNICEF’s core values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability, and Sustainability (CRITAS):
- Nurtures, Leads, and Manages People (1)
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (2)
- Works Collaboratively with others (2)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (2)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (2)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (2)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (2)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (2)
Application Closing Date
16th March, 2023 West Central Africa Standard Time
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.