Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) is a non-governmental organization dully registered with Nigerian government through Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC/IT NO: 91613). Existing since October 2016, AHSF focuses on improving the quality of life of vulnerable population across communities in Northeast Nigeria. AHSF operates both in emergency and developmental context and have its program principally rooted in identifying gaps that affects population or increases vulnerability of population and bridging those gaps through resource base planning and implementation. Our Mission is to Improve the quality of lives of Children, Women, Elderly and other Marginalized Vulnerable groups through Human Development and Interventions to Strengthen Communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Co-ordinator
Location: Maiduguri Borno,
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Expected Resumption Date: ASAP
- The program is aimed at providing emergency rainy season lifesaving integrated PHC intervention and response to cholera, malaria and other water borne diseases in Mafa and Bana LGAs of Borno State, Nigeria.
- The Health Manager will liaise with medical practitioners and nurses to ensure delivery of consistent high-quality healthcare to patients.
- This project employs a health system strengthening approach to provide a high-quality primary health care service to assist affected populations while using antimicrobials rationally.
- For AHSF Borno State project intervention. He/she will be responsible for supervising health staff of project and will carry over, implementation, monitoring, support with the overall capacity building of health program staff, and progress reporting of projects.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- The Health Manager conducts analysis of healthcare organizations to determine their financial status and make necessary adjustments for improvement.
- Healthcare manager is responsible for the hiring and training of a hospital’s clerical and administrative staff.
- He/she assigns and schedule tasks for general medical/administrative staff, and also monitors them to ensure effective performance of job duties.
- Healthcare manager usually develop action plans for ensuring smooth work operations in medical facilities.
- As part of the role, He/she oversees the maintenance and repair of hospital utilities and equipment.
- The Health Manager also ensures adherence to all government policies and regulations on healthcare management.
- The Health Manager employs information obtained from financial assessment to proffer professional financial recommendation to management.
- He/she conducts negotiations with vendors, suppliers, and contractors to secure best deals for a healthcare organization.
- The Health Manager is also responsible for sourcing and directing the flow of funds to finance medical projects.
- Provide overall managerial oversight for implementation of the health program activities.
- Ensure health project implementations are of high quality and meets the AHSF/MOH/International standard.
- Support Health Officer -SBCC and Health Office to prepare project work plans with clear targets/achievement benchmarks based on project milestones and deliverables.
- Employ a health system strengthening approach and manage the health team to create meaningful and sustainable solutions to prevent, correctly diagnose, and appropriately treat infectious diseases in the targeted populations.
- On need based, develop protocols, SOP and IEC materials and ensure they are put into use in supported health facilities.
- Provide technical support to health staff and provide them necessary mentoring and trainings as needed to build their capacity and enabling them to perform their tasks, includingproject management skills.
- Develop and coordinate work plans, and budgets aimed at sustained and effective implementation of the awareness raising activities for better results and coordination.
- Coordinate and organize global advocacy campaigns, including annual World Antimicrobial Awareness Week and facilitate its evaluation.
- Follow up and ensure quarterly supportive supervision sessions jointly conducted by the AHSF, State MoH and NCDC to monitor improvement in diagnostics, prescribing practices and IPC with quality-of-care audits are duly carried out.
- Support advocacy meetings with diverse stakeholders, such as MOH, NCDC; National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC); professional bodies; social, political, and religious leaders; and private medical providers/ chemists’ representatives, who are not government health care workers.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, MBBS, Nursing, Community Health or any other health related field
- Minimum of 2 years working experience as a health manager
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent leadership and coordination spirit
- Fluent in English and local languages (Hausa, Kanuri)
- Experience working with NGO
- Master’s degree in public health and other health related fields would be an added advantage
- Committed to the core mission of Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF)
- 3 – 4 years’ experience in coordinating, implementing and managing primary and secondary health programs
- Experience in writing project proposals, concept notes, budgeting and donors’ reports.
- Have experience in general management including financial and budget management, HR and logistics management
- Demonstrated Technical Skills
- Background in situation analysis, health assessments M&E and program implementation.
- Demonstrated Managerial / Leadership Competencies.
- Skills and experience of remote management and willingness to travel extensively
- Flexible, diplomatic and have ability and willingness live and work under pressure of workloads.
- Languages: English and other local languages (Hausa, Kanuri and other local languages)
- Computer / Other Tech Requirements:
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Add position-specific (e.g accounting software, statistical software, etc.).
- Ability to Travel: 30% of time if applicable.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) and amongst beneficiaries served by Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF).
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors.
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF).
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF)’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Application Closing Date
30th September 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants who applied initially, should kindly reapply
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.