Michael Stevens Consulting is a Management consulting company, whose focus has been on rendering the following services: Training, Recruitment of Personnel, Outsourcing of Personnel and rendering Financial and Management consulting services to the Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Telecommunications, engineering services, Hospitality Industry,Public Sector etc.
We currently operate from 3 states in Nigeria (Lagos, Ogun and Rivers) and Accra in Ghana while plans are underway to open offices in the Gambia, Sierra Leone and Liberia
We are recruiting for our Learning and Development Accademy to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of School
Location: Rivers, Nigeria
- The office holder will be responsible to the board Chair for the overall leadership and management of the school, leading in the development of strategic, policy and development plans that ensures the School meets international standards.
- Adviseand implement rigorous academic policies to ensure that students receive the highest standard of education and that demanding and measurable targets and objectives are set for staff.
- Responsible for the day to day management of the school.
- Create a clear vision and positive ethos for the future of the School which embraces the purpose, mission and strategic targets set in the school’s mission.
- Ensure the highest possible standards of education through the promotion of effective teaching and learning, a balanced Nigerian, British and American curriculums, and the provision of rich extracurricular activities.
- Lead and direct all members of staff and students, through the direct management of the school’s leadership team, ensuring that effective responsibility is delegated through an appropriate management structure, and that the school complies with educational and other relevant legislation, including, health and safety.
- Manage and develop staff to ensure that the school’s organization curriculum and resources enable everyone to achieve the highest possible standards.
- Monitor teacher’s plans, evaluate students’ classroom experience, track students’ attainment and evaluate progress towards meeting agreed targets.
- Communicate a clear view of the School’s aims so that all staff know what is required of them and are competent and committed to achieving the school’s goals.
- Responsible for promoting the aims and values of the school and ensure effective communications with all stakeholders, including staff, pupils, parents, the community served by the school, and relevant government agencies.
- Ensure all school’s teaching staff are committed to the school’s aims and are motivated and involved in the achievement of priorities and targets which the school sets for herself and provide the necessary support and guidance to implement the relevant action plans successfully.
- Stay up to date with thechanges in government policy and wider educational practice
- Support the busy and varied life of the school, attending its events and wider program of activities as well as ensure child protection and safe guarding of students at all times.
- Minimum of B.Sc.or B.Ed in relevant course
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years relevantexperience
- Advanced Degree/trainings and evidence of continuous improvement
- A desire to work and communicatewith children
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Profieciency in the use of Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Effective communication skills
- This positioninvolves leading the Nursery and Primary school
- This is senior management position directly responsible to the school board through the chair of the board (Proprietress/Proprietor)
Application Closing Date
27th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as the email subject.
|Job Category||Head of School|