Deloitte Nigeria is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Operations
Job Type: Full time
- The Head of Operations (HOP) shall have the primary responsibility of leading the day-to-day operations of the company in accordance with its mission, the strategic plan and operating and volume forecasts.
- As a key member of the company’s management team, the HOP provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the company and to ensure development impact, financial sustainability and operating efficiency.
- The role involves client facing in terms of relationship management.
- Establishing and implement jointly the operational set-up of the company;
- Develop, in collaboration with the CEO and CFO, the annual guarantee operating plan that supports the company’s long term operations strategy;
- Ensure guarantee operations are implemented in line with the Operations and Credit Risk Manuals (Op Manual) and other relevant stipulations;
- Carry out training and on-job coaching for the operational staff of the company
- Organize and carry out guarantee appraisal in line with the company mission, strategic plans and operating guidelines;
- Organize and carry out guarantee claim appraisal and claim refund procedures and participate in the respective committees;
- Initiate continuous evolution of the Op Manual to increase the efficiency and sustainability of the operations;
- Maintain close contact with PFIs’ management and MSME Departments and ensure good relationship, identify areas for added value and initiate implementation of respective activities;
- Monitor the Nigerian financial sector with respect to MSME lending, and identify opportunities and threats and suggest or initiate respective measures;
- Review and monitor regulatory developments to ensure compliance and contribute to a positive regulatory recognition of the company;
- Monitor the business volume and portfolio quality and identify and implement measures to ensure achievement of objectives;
- Contribute to the development of annual budgets for business volume and portfolio quality and of respective mid-term projections;
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external;
- Establishing and implementing portfolio management and monitoring mechanisms;
- Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company;
- Contribute to the evolution of the company’s MIS in the context of workflow management, portfolio reporting, business intelligence module etc;
- Contribute to management reports for stakeholders;
- Represent the company with clients, investors, and business partners;
- Foster a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices, customer focus and service and encourages individual integrity
- Assess and manage the principal risks of the company’s business within operations
- Contribute to the definition of the credit risk parameters of operations;
- Monitor operational risks of PFIs’ MSME lending operations, identify gaps and required improvements and implement;
- Function as member of the Risk appraisal and claim committees;
- Contribute to the evolution and improvement of the credit risk management of the company in coordination with the Risk Department;
- Ensure that growth opportunities are identified and captured (enrollment of additional PFIs, development of products, inclusion of additional target groups, etc.);
- Carry out due diligence and TA needs assessment of new PFIs;
- Participate in and contribute to feasibility studies to be carried for new PFIs, and products;
- Assist the CEO and the CFO in developing and overseeing the long-term business strategies of the company;
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- A degree in business related courses.
- A Master’s degree preferably in a business-related subject;
- 10 years and above of relevant work experience in the financial sector specifically in MSME credit
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in management positions in finance in Nigeria;
- Experience with credit risk guarantees/insurance and exposure to development issues is an added advantage
- Experience / knowledge in human capital management frameworks, IT infrastructure, financial planning, marketing and operations financial reporting capabilities.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online