Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Grocery
Employment Type: Full-time
- As Head of Grocery, you will be responsible for managing and steering the performance of our different value propositions while ensuring synergies between all (PG, OnDemand Services, Grocery Hypermarket Stores, and Provision stores).
- Managing and steering the performance of our different value propositions while ensuring synergies between all.
- Sourcing the 5K products+ necessary to cover all grocery consumer needs on eCommerce.
- Ensuring all retail supply is going through the revamped retail contract with the right economics for Jumia.
- Managing the assortment of our dark stores to cover 1,5K+ products (from ecom to dark stores).
- Acquiring hypermarkets, supermarkets, chains of provision stores on our quick commerce to cover key areas.
- Ensuring 100% availability for eCommerce and dark stores by managing daily replenishment of our main warehouses and dark stores.
- Ensuring AAA customer experiences.
- Coordinating with marketing to enhance visibility on our different value propositions.
- Creating and maintaining the ecosystem of tools, processes.
- Launching Brand to Store with the key grocery brands.
- IS Grocery vs target for each line of service (Ecommerce, quick commerce hyper/chains of provision stores, dark stores).
- # of orders on eCommerce with more than 10 unique SKUs.
- % Availability in JE for eComm next day.
- % Availability in Jumia Dark stores.
- # of hyper/provision stores on ODS with more than 500 SKUs live.
Requirements & Qualification
- A bachelor’s degree from a reputable university (MSc/MBA is a plus).
- +10years from the retail industry, directly involved in managing sourcing (Game, Shoprite, etc).
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online