Canonical delivers open source to the world faster, more securely and more cost-effectively than any other company. We develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together with a passionate global community of 200,000 contributors. Ubuntu means ‘humanity to others. We chose it because it embodies the generosity at the heart of open source, the new normal for platforms and innovation. Together with a community of 200,000, we publish an operating system that runs from the tiny connected devices up to the world’s biggest mainframes, the platform that everybody uses on the public cloud, and the workstation experience of the world’s most productive developers. Secure and reliable, elegant and intuitive, and open for innovation – Ubuntu is the future of open source, which is why it’s the fastest-growing Linux in the world despite already being the most widely deployed.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: GSI Alliance Sales Director
- Global System Integrators (GSI) play a crucial role in Canonical growth plans in the coming 3 years.
- Reporting to the VP Global Alliances and Channels, the GSI Alliance Director will be responsible for helping partners to thrive and grow their business with Canonical solutions and services.
- Our Alliance Director will work closely with Canonical GSI partners throughout their sales cycles and across their sales organizations to facilitate ubuntu based solutions and opportunities, as well as help GSI build long term digital transformation platforms with ubuntu stacks and services.
- Our GSI Sales Director is responsible for building trusted relationships with partners, increase Canonical market share and attach rate, evangelize about the partnership and lead all business interactions from engineers to CxO level. The GSI Sales Director will own the strategy, the sell-to, sell-through and sell-with motions with the GSI and will animate many customer workshops, sales event, public presentations and executive engagements.
As a GSI Alliance Sales Director you will:
- Build strategic relationships with partners at levels, and stickiness with Ubuntu technology
- Deep understanding of Linux and cloud software ecosystem, and opensource selling models
- Negotiate contracts and commercial business terms
- Deep understanding of partner organizations and sales models, in particular with Global System Integrators
- Work closely with marketing, sales engineering and product management to deliver on targets, objectives and provide a voice of the partner
- Lead executive interlocks between partners and Canonical leadership team.
The successful GSI Alliance Sales Director will have :
- Extensive experience in alliance or indirect sales management roles
- Extensive experience with OpenStack, virtualization, containers and other Cloud technologies.
- Autonomous, disciplined, hands-on, get-it-done mentality
- Ability to capture customer requirements, evaluate gaps, identify and create opportunities
- Passionate about Ubuntu products and mission
- Comfortable in fast-paced and high pressure environments with ambitious achievement goals
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel – sometimes internationally – up to 40% of the time
What Canonical Offers
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online