Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graduate Finance Intern
Location: BIU, Borno
Length of Internship: 12 Months
Interns Supervisor: Finance Officer
At the end of the internship period, the intern should have acquired the following skills and knowledge:
- Understand Mercy Corps policies, procedures, grant requirements and documentation requirements.
- Understand Mercy Corps FFM, procurement, assets management, HR policies and procedures.
- How to maintain the bank file, ensuring that all bank information is properly filed and updated
- Know how to prepare and Maintain filling records of all program activities and other related financial documents.
- Know how to prepare Bank Cheques upon receiving payment schedule and disburse it to staff.
- Understand how to manage the archiving of all financial documents and follow up with staff for any missing documents.
- Understand how to perform petty cash count on time.
- Understand the maintenance of all accounting records; know how to ensure that records are complete, accurate and safeguarded.
- Know how to identify and follow up on any outstanding obligations and Keeps record of all cash, bank and advance updated.
Ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- 1 Years of bookkeeping, banking or cashiering experience.
- Completed mandatory 1 year NYSC service.
- A degree in Accounting or a relevant experience in this area is desirable.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Accuracy in the processing of cash transactions, mathematical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written English skills. (Understanding of local language is an added advantage).
Remuneration / Work Condition
Mercy Corps Responsibilities (Salary):
- For the duration of this internship assignment, the intern will receive NGN 60,000 as a monthly stipend.
- Intern will remain responsible for all costs associated with:
- Living expenses.
- This position is based in BIU with 5-10% travels to other field locations.
Application Closing Date
2nd April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit no more than 4 page CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
|Job Category||NGO / Community Service jobs in Nigeria|