Canonical delivers open source to the world faster, more securely and more cost-effectively than any other company. We develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together with a passionate global community of 200,000 contributors. Ubuntu means ‘humanity to others. We chose it because it embodies the generosity at the heart of open source, the new normal for platforms and innovation. Together with a community of 200,000, we publish an operating system that runs from the tiny connected devices up to the world’s biggest mainframes, the platform that everybody uses on the public cloud, and the workstation experience of the world’s most productive developers. Secure and reliable, elegant and intuitive, and open for innovation – Ubuntu is the future of open source, which is why it’s the fastest-growing Linux in the world despite already being the most widely deployed.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Global OEM Alliances Sales Director
- The Global Lead OEM Alliances is responsible for IHV partner success – we want them to thrive and grow their business with Canonical software, solutions and services. This is a leadership role, responsible for strategic IHV Alliances worldwide.
- Reporting to the VP Global Alliances, our IHV Alliance Sales Director will work closely with strategic partners across their complex organizations to engage with their innovation teams and ensure that they consider and integrate Ubuntu stacks and solutions.
- For example, private clouds, container solutions, and vertical solutions for industries like telco and automotive, are increasingly built on open source and Ubuntu. We are the challenger platform, but we are growing quickly in the industry.
- The OEM Director is responsible to build trusted relationships with IHV partners, increase Canonical market share and attach rate, evangelize the partnership and lead all business interactions from engineer to CxO.
- He/she will often run customer workshops focused on particular initiatives at that customer, attend sales events, give public presentations and lead executive engagements.
As a OEM Alliances Director you will:
- Build strategic relationships with IHV partners at levels
- Grow their awareness of open source capabilities on Canonical Ubuntu
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the Linux and cloud software ecosystem
- Negotiate contracts and commercial business terms
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of large and complex organizations
- Lead partnerships with global accounts such as IBM, Samsung, DellEMC, HPE, Nokia etc.
- Work closely with marketing, sales engineering and product management
- Deliver on targets, objectives and provide a voice of the partner
- Lead executive interlocks between IHV and Canonical leadership
- Travel regularly – sometimes internationally – to drive partnerships in person
Valued Skills and Experience
- Experience in alliance or indirect sales management roles
- Autonomous, disciplined, hands-on, get-it-done mentality
- Ability to capture customer requirements, evaluate gaps, identify and create opportunities
- Passionate about Ubuntu products and mission
- Comfortable in fast-paced and high pressure environments with measurable goals
- Experience with Linux, virtualization, containers, and other cloud technologies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
What Canonical Offers
- Personal learning and development budget
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual leave
- Priority Pass for travel.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online