Hobark International Limited (HIL) is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Geologist
Job Type: Contract
- Incorporate log, core, petrophysical, seismic, production and other data to evaluate well results, assist in planning new well locations.
- Provide geological expertise on a multi-discipline asset team testing new ideas as well as supporting emerging development projects to meet team and corporate goals.
- Strong prospecting skills with the ability to integrate subsurface (well) information into interpretations with use of cross-sections, maps, seismic displays, visualization techniques, fault mapping, etc.
- Responsible for regional exploration mapping, approval of proposed well locations providing geological support to development decisions, recommending operations to optimize production, increasing recovery and adding reserves.
- Build a regional structural and stratigraphic framework and develop a working understanding of the regional petroleum system Presentation of assessments to team and management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology or equivalent with minimum of 10 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Broad knowledge of geology, geophysics, and entrepreneurial thinking to generate onshore/offshore opportunities.
- Proficient in 2D and 3D workstation interpretation (Landmark), with emphasis on fault identification.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online