Owens & Xley Consult – Our client, a fast growing Beauty and Cosmetics Company, is seeking to hire the services of a competent and experienced candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- S/He will be responsible for managing the operations of the company, setting sales goals and managing employees.
- S/he must have detailed knowledge of the cosmetics industry and must be able to offer advice about the use of cosmetics.
- Oversee all aspects of the skin care product business of the Company including strategic planning and execution of the growth and expansion in all branches
- Responsible for the achievement of operational and financial results – both top (revenue) and bottom (profitability) lines
- Develop systems, policies and procedures to enhance productivity, cost effectiveness and efficiency
- Manage various departments such as R&D / Product Development, Production and Logistics as well as Sales and Marketing
- Good understanding of the different government regulations and industry practice in terms of product certifications, imports and exports, tariffs and taxes
- Preparation of annual budgets relating to the brand under including sales, margin, volume, retail & wholesales channels, e-commerce etc.
- Managing the sales channel process and ultimately responsible for logistics, ordering, returns through your team
- Achieve weekly, monthly and annual revenue budgets related to the business
- Attract, develop and retain talent to achieve goals related to staffing
- Take an active role in daily business driving activities, with consistent presence in the retail stores
- Effectively manage operations costs related to labor, supplies & inventory and all other expenses
- Facilitate proper execution of marketing plans, promotional programs and visual merchandising standards
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Business Administration and related disciplines
- Minimum of 5 years recent senior experience in General Management of a RETAIL & WHOLESALE DISTRIBUTION channel of consumer goods i.e. COSMETICS, FRAGRANCE, SKIN CARE PRODUCTS
- Strong financial management experience with ability to develop and achieve budgets & targets
- Preferably with a track record of developing new markets and building up a brand from scratch
- Strong business acumen
- Mature and proactive, hands-on personality with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership, negotiation and problem solving skill
- Strong relationship building skills with customers & suppliers
- A good understanding of the retail or wholesale distribution channel is essential.
N180,000 – N250,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
4th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.