Netcom has been Nigeria’s leading Internet Service Provider since 2004, staying ahead of the competition with cutting edge platforms in VSAT, WIMAX, Radio, and Fiber technology. Now, a pioneer in Business Transformation Solutions, we empower organizations to lead their market space by keeping pace with the rapid changes in IT innovations, ensuring relevance to specific business initiatives required to maximize revenue generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
- Responsible in complementing the delivery of field related Netcom Services to our clientele in conjunction/collaboration with other field units.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivery of assigned field related works/activities as a managed Service Provider that provides services but not limited to below:
- Connectivity Services
- Dedicated Internet Access (DIA)
- Broadband Internet Access (BIA)
- Security Services
- Enterprise Security Applications
- Related to FSE activities:
- Preventive and Corrective Maintenance
- Technical assistance to our partners
- Related technical support to our internal and external clients.
- Mandatory Safety-First policy to be adhered to.
- FSE staff is to sport essential PPE in any activity in the field.
- Timely adherence to agreed client schedule.
- Provides real-time updates to Supervisor/HOD on the assigned task from start of assigned activity to completion.
- Ensures that the clientele is well informed of the activity being carried out at the onstart and acknowledged confirmed completion.
- Submits timely activity reports and forms to FSE supervisor & HOD in line with FSE procedures, workflows, work instructions:
- Ensures that all activities assigned are carried out to the letter.
- Ensure that all activities carried out are according to company-defined standards.
Experience, Education and/or Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Communications / Engineering or its equivalent.
- At least with 3 years experience in the telecom or ISP industry (operations experience).
- Preferred inclusive related hands-on experience in the telecoms and ISP.
Essential Skills / Knowledge / Traits:
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Applications as a tool requirement for creating reports and statistics
- Basic Engineering knowledge and practice.
- RF engineering/installation knowledge and use of basic measurement equipment and tools.
- Customer-oriented/focused in delivering services (field related works)
- Good communications skills (English and native) both oral and written to be able to deliver instructions to internal and external clients.
- Excellent team player.
- Excellent assessment skills.
- Able to use, operate, assess and interprete gathered data from:
- Data Tester
- Spectrum analyzer
- Ground tester
- Multi-meter, Voltage and current
- BW tester
- PC and test applications
- Proficient in the use of communication tools for real-time reporting/updating.
Desirable Skills / Knowledge / Traits:
- Knowledge in IT-related activities.
- Knowledge in basic networking and monitoring.
- Knowledge and experience in basic electrical circuits with hands-on preferred.
- Knowledge in telecom power systems with hands-on preferred
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online